Mudlet 2.0 final

Barnabus

Re: Mudlet 2.0 final

Post by Barnabus »

Barnabus wrote:BUG: openUserWindow() doesn't re-open windows if I close with X
This is still an issue with 2.1. I'm building from source using latest git, on Ubuntu.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Hasn't been fixed yet, yes. There is also another, bigger issue with userwindows - they inherit the main windows borders.

They're an old tech that was very quickly and early on replaced by miniconsoles, which integrate much better into the main UI. They do have some advantages being pop-out, but that's not where we concentrated out efforts on.

This problem is known though, thank for you reporting it! I'm just not sure if we'll be able to get around to it soon.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Vadi wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Just tested on test4 - it's there as well. The one that was fixed at that point was this same bug, but in the main window; If I claimed it was fixed in miniconsoles at that point, then I was mistaken. My apologies on that point.
So without highlighting, do ASCII maps in miniconsoles look right or off?
Uhh. Haven't noticed this with my ASCII map window, either highlighted or not, regardless of font size. So, ASCII maps look right! Chat capture boxes (such as YATCO) are another story... and being that they generally calculate width based on characters allowed per line, and the bug increases the spacing between characters.. words run off the miniwindow. I can show this in a script package, I think, if it would be of use.

rispok

Post by rispok »

I hope this picture helps. The three ascii map are in a miniconsole, the ship command balance text goes that way after I edit the miniconsole script and save, but when I highlight and drag all to the bottom left of the screen it fixes it. I don't have any font settings set, that's too advanced for me I think.

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii5 ... 26cb36.png

Highlighting the miniconsole seems to sometimes only barely work.