Heiko
Site Admin

Re: MAC Version

Post by Heiko »

lua 5.1.4:
http://www.lua.org/ftp/lua-5.1.4.tar.gz

pcre:
ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/pr ... 7.9.tar.gz

Notes: Install the SDK. It comes bundled with a ready-made and well configured compiler + working qt libs.

When coming to our irc chatroom you simply have to wait a fair bit before you get an answer as people are normally afk.

The last step is configuring Mudlet itself. -> irc

Janalon

Post by Janalon »

Hrmm, still nothing. I was hoping some Mac Mudlet-happy person would compiled and shared by now.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

As far as I see it it's simple: The MAC community does now have a sophisticated toy to play with, but it's the MAC community's own responsibility to get this toy to a good level of maturity. It's not about compiling Mudlet just once. There will be problems that only exist in the MAC version of Mudlet and can only be found by the MAC community. If they get reported I will eventually be able to fix them, but this requires some serious effort on the MAC community as far as testing & efforts at compiling the source goes. Just waiting for a miracle isn't as effective as trying to make a miracle happen.
Somebody has compiled Mudlet the other day on a Hackintosh without too much of a problem. Last night he compiled Mudlet on a Mac Book. Compilation itself went fine, but he needs to find out how to register shared libraries to actually run Mudlet. This shouldn't be too difficult to look up and Demonnic has supplied a few good links. The next step would be to make an actual package for MAC that other people can install like our windows package. Again, this isn't hard, but it needs people with a certain amount of dedication to make it happen.

Now there is a binary qt software developer kit for MAC available here: http://www.qtsoftware.com/downloads/sdk-mac-os-cpp
Now, anybody with enough of dedication can compile Mudlet for MAC, test it and report problems of the MAC version. Also: Making a real package for MAC shouldn't be difficult, but it definitely requires a bit of reading HOWTOs etc.. It's up to the MAC community now. If they don't care enough, I couldn't care less.

Arkholt

Post by Arkholt »

I believe I'm the one Heiko has mentioned in his last post (I'm Arkholt here, Shenlon on IRC). I got it compiled, and running, and I'm working on getting a package together. This has been a great learning experience for me... :) I'm not a coder at all, so I wouldn't be able to fix any bugs or anything... but if installers for newer versions are needed, I think I'll be able to supply them.

Arkholt

Post by Arkholt »

I have an install package made, but I don't know if it would work on someone else's system... in fact I don't know if it works properly on my own system... so any brave Mac users out there who are willing to test it out for me?

Arkholt

Post by Arkholt »

For those who wish to try it out:

http://drop.io/mudlet1/asset/installmudlet-zip

At the moment it requires logout before it works... I could change that in the future perhaps.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

If it doesn't work, please try running mudlet from the Terminal and paste here what it says.

Arkholt

Post by Arkholt »

This is a newer, hopefully better one. Logout is not required.

http://drop.io/mudlet1/asset/installmudlet4-zip
Last edited by Arkholt on Thu May 21, 2009 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Janalon

Post by Janalon »

Downloaded and installed Mudlet from the given source. Running it on a Intel Core Duo MacBook running Mac OS X 10.5.7

Installation appeared successful. However, launching the app immediately crashes, giving this error message. I cut and pasted the info in it's entirety. [private information removed]

Process: mudlet [936]
Path: /Applications/mudlet.app/Contents/MacOS/mudlet
Identifier: com.yourcompany.mudlet
Version: ??? (???)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [167]

Interval Since Last Report: 242 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 1
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 0 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 1

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.7 (9J61)
Report Version: 6

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: QtDBus.framework/Versions/4/QtDBus
Referenced from: /Applications/mudlet.app/Contents/MacOS/mudlet
Reason: image not found

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Thank you Janalon. This is helpful. Arkholt needs to include libQtDBus in the installer package.
On Windows this library is not necessary, but on Linux it is needed, too.