MAC Version

Vadi

Re: MAC Version

Post by Vadi »

It actually shouldn't be necessary - Mudlet needs to be compiled without all this extra Qt crap included (well, dbus is an awfully useful thing, but we don't make use of it at all atm).

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

It's not linked against by Mudlet itself, that's why I don't have to include it for the windows binaries, but it's obviously needed for internal Qt dependencies on Linux/Mac.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

New Mudlet installer, give it a try: http://drop.io/mudlet1/asset/installmudlet4-zip

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

The installer #5 seems to work on new Macs with Intel processors. Older versions of OSX before 2007 do not work with the installer from Arkholt. It needs to be clarified what is the oldest version that can be used with the installer.

If anybody with a PPC want to make an installer I'm sure Arkholt will help him.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Mudlet beta-10pre8 has now been released for Mac OSX 10.5.x There are some minor cosmetic problems still, but Mudlet seems to be working and has passed all tests so far.

Download: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=295238
MacMainWIndow.png
The attachment MacTriggerEditor.png is no longer available
Attachments
MacTriggerEditor.png

grimli333

Post by grimli333 »

I downloaded the latest Mac installer - beta 10 pre 12, and it installs everything except the mudlet app itself. Downloading the older version and installing that works properly (beta 10 pre 8).

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Ben (Shenlon) has fixed the Mac installer for Beta-12. You can get it here: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=295238

Ben has also added a small app-only dmg for those who have installed previous versions and want to upgrade to Beta-12.

Caled

Post by Caled »

I'm now a mac user. Never thought that would happen. Anyhow.
I'm beginning to try and figure out how to compile on osx, and perhaps create .dmg installers for it (I'd like to try and keep up with the mapper releases.)

Who is the best person to talk to about this? This thread has some information which I am in the middle of following as we speak (waiting for downloads to complete) but I get the feeling that a lot of the information that Ben Shenlon used was figured out by himself and/or explained on irc/similar.

Are you (Shenlon) still around, can I ask you how? Is there someone else that knows stuff about the process? I'm unfortunately new to OSX, but I've been compiling it in Ubuntu for a fair while now so I'm not completely clueless about the concept >.>

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

No need, ixokai does a fine job. Heiko just hasn't updated git / sent ixokai the source to make a binary yet.