Clickable Combat

Akaya

Clickable Combat

Post by Akaya »

So I first want to say how awesome Mudlet is. The things you can do with this client are amazing and user-friendly. I have no coding experience save from reading the Mudlet Manual front to back and tearing apart other's scripts.

That said, here's a GUI I've been working on for sometime. The goal with this was to make combat easier for a novice to grasp by nulling the use of the keyboard. Everything is clickable and works hand-in-hand with svo. The GUI displayed is for my Priest, Akaya in Achaea. I have many others for different classes in Achaea and even a few in Aetolia.

The GUI includes the Mudlet Mapper Widget, Rite tracker for the rooms your in, Moss/Angel Empathy/Angel Care icons for easy tracking, a nifty clickable image for limb prepping/parrying/targeting, tabbed chat window, clickable icons for class skills, misc, and bombs, horizontal gauges for health/mana/endurance, vertical gauge for exp tracking (Thanks Oneymus!), current target/defense leader display, a defup button :D, and a few other little fancy things that make tracing and getting to individuals simple.

For those that find they dislike the use of the mouse, all icons include easily viewable and altered aliases for easy reference.

The GUI is a bit large to be displayed on this forum so here's a link:
Click here to view GUI

Feedback is greatly appreciated!

Vadi

Re: Clickable Combat

Post by Vadi »

That's pretty brilliant. It'd recommend keeping the font consistent - you could have your gauges use the same font as the one you've used on the text in images. Set the label's stylesheet (gauge is made of 2 labels: original name and original name + "_back" one) to use that font.

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

I'm thoroughly impressed. That's a good bit of work right there.

ciccero

Post by ciccero »

how much would that cost to download? :)

Akaya

Post by Akaya »

Unfortunately I have yet to make this particular GUI "universal". But that is soon on its way! And Vadi, I took your advice and made the fonts all the same. It gives it a nice crisp look. Thank you.

Vibia

Post by Vibia »

Where and when can I get this! I *neeeed* this! Sounds awesome

Delrayne

Post by Delrayne »

In the process of making my own. Will post it here and the GUI thread when done. Mine won't be 'universal', but I'm of the philosophy that you'll appreciate it a whole lot more if you take the time to do it yourself. Not to mention you learn a thing or two when doing it as well.

Delrayne

Post by Delrayne »

As promised, my completed GUI. You can look at the explanation for what everything is in the 'Whats your GUI look like' thread.
Attachments
FinalGUI.png

Akaya

Post by Akaya »

Very crisp. I like the overall layout. Vyzor you say? I should look into how it all works. Any good starting points?

Delrayne

Post by Delrayne »

Take your time with it. If you come across something you don't understand, ask Oneymus, Vyzor's author. He was more than willing to help me when I needed it. Take a look a the documentation for Vyzor on the Wiki, specifically the API. Don't get discouraged if you look over the API and don't understand it at all. I had basically no clue what to do with that info and look what I made. Just start small, make a few test frames to get a feel on how you can manipulate and change them. Then move on to the next item on the list and do the same thing with that. I probably spent a good week to two weeks messing around in a blank profile before I felt comfortable enough to start working in my normal one. In the end just have fun and be creative, and don't be afraid to ask for help.