bug: profile not saving correctly

Caled

bug: profile not saving correctly

Post by Caled »

If I make a change to any of my settings, save profile, close mudlet, reopen mudlet.

There is now a duplicate of my settings before the change, right next to the new settings.

Example:
Two triggers:
- ATCP Autosip calibration - health
- ATCP Autosip calibration - mana

I create a trigger group called "mbInt"
I create another trigger group inside that one, called "AutoSip"
I drag-and-drop the two triggers into this new trigger group.

Save profile. Close mudlet. Open mudlet. Open script editor.

I now have the two triggers inside the class, AND duplicates of those two triggers in the same place they were originally. Its as though the backup profile is being loaded as well as the current profile.

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: bug: profile not saving correctly

Post by Heiko »

Duplication of item in the profile happen when you are using multiple instances of the same profile name simultaneously.
If you want to use multiple connections at the same time or multiple instances of Mudlet if you have multiple screens you have to create a new profile name for each of them.
If your profiles use the same basic content you can import the common content as a package. Once the shared content has been imported it becomes part of the new profile. The reaosn for forcing multiple profile names is simply that each connection will save its content into its private profile xml file. However, if you have multiple connections / instances that use the same xml file they'll all save into the same file effectively multiplying its content. Consequently, each connection needs its own profile name if you want to use the profile simultaneously.

Caled

Post by Caled »

I don't use more than one connection and window at a time, so I'm not sure that is actually the cause.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

If you had another instance of Mudlet open at the same time on some other desktop the effect would be the same.

However, as recent autosaving feature are brand new it may be that what happened to you has been caused by the auto-item-saver in conjunction with drag & drop.
I have run a few tests myself with Mudlet Beta-9 now and I cannot reproduce your bug with drag & drop or in any other way than having 2 instances of Mudlet open at the same time using the same profile.
It would help if you could investigate on this a bit further, if this happens again.

Your bug may also be related to you not using Beta-9. I'll try to get the ubuntu ppa updated.