Beta Testing

Tichi

Beta Testing

Post by Tichi »

Hi! I've just downloaded the beta version of Mudlet, I'm really excited to see this client completed and available for use, it's sounding wonderful. I've been playing IRE muds on and off for years now, using zMUD, CMUD (a little), and most recently MUSHClient. I tend to develop my own systems, and have been thinking of developing my own client for months. Most recently in Qt. Then I found Mudlet, and think it would be much better to help out on this project than start from scratch and reinvent what you have already done.

I do plan to start helping with development, I'm a 6th year university student finishing a double degree program that will give me undergraduate degrees in Chemistry and Computer Science, but I'll need time to get adjusted to C++ and Qt in specific before I start looking into contributing. And that's assuming you need any extra coders in the first place, I don't want to butt in where I'm not needed :)

Anyways, for the time being, I've been testing out Mudlet for a little bit, and will keep a running tab of any bugs/suggestions I have in this thread.

Bugs:
[*] User windows - don't reset to position they were last left in, when recreated on connection, and also seem particularly unwilling to stay as a floating window in the top right-hand corner (they "snap" to a position above the entire window).
[*] Script editor - when editing a script, then changing to the trigger window, the right-hand side of the editor which displays the information about the script or trigger that is selected does not update to show the default selected trigger, I accidentally changed my script several times instead of the trigger when I thought the trigger was selected.

Suggestions/questions:
[*] Are user windows planned to work in a similar fashion to MUSHClient miniwindows (hopefully with some extra versitality)?
[*] Might be good to include an option for the output font to be not smooth, some prefer the basic pixeled versions of the fonts.

I'll update this with anything else I find! Good work on the client so far, by the way!

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: Beta Testing

Post by Heiko »

Hi Tichi,

you'd be welcome to participate. I get the feeling that you are testing some older version.
The current version is Beta-9, available here: http://mudlet.sourceforge.net

Yes, we'll add graphics windows, browser windows and eventually embed Mudlet into a modern website style UI. Have a look at the manual. It's still in the making but it'll give you some more information.