Mudlet-2.0-test4 released

Runei

Re: Mudlet-2.0-test4 released

Post by Runei »

Okay, so it works fine off initial install, the problem apparently is after I move my profiles over. Something apparently changed in the pathing, so I'm going to have to re-install all my packages. : /

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

No paths were changed afaik.

Runei

Post by Runei »

Well, I'm not sure why it is then that once I dump my profiles folder into the correct place, mudlet blows up.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Runei wrote:Okay, so it works fine off initial install, the problem apparently is after I move my profiles over. Something apparently changed in the pathing, so I'm going to have to re-install all my packages. : /
The profile diriectory is the same in all versions of Mudlet and Mudlet will always find your profile automatically. There is no need to move anything if you install a new version of Mudlet.

In any case, if you don't answer my questions properly, you won't get any help. Show us the details. Where did the installer install what? Copy and paste from the installer log please.

Runei

Post by Runei »

That issue's resolved.

Caled

Post by Caled »

Is there any documention, even in the form of a forum thread somewhere, on the new shared package management functions? What they are, how to use them, etc?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

chris posted about them, so look at his posts. Nothing is written about them in the wiki yet.

Sidd

Post by Sidd »

Has a new version of test4 been released, I have test4b for windows and I'm still running into issues with the special exits. I can't seem to add any without speedwalking using -0whateverthecommandis- instead of -whateverthecommandis-

chris

Post by chris »

The shared package management is through Toolbox->module manager. It should be self-explanatory. For the special exits, it's basically a bug in the code itself so your options are to use 0+cmd when making it, or rebuild from source.

Sidd

Post by Sidd »

I understand that, using 0 doesn't seem to work

I'm using

addSpecialExit(currentRoom, room to link, <command>)
addSpecialExit(currentRoom, room to link, 0<command>)

and neither of those work for me, am I using that wrong?