[resolved] Bloat-ware and crashing!

Vadi

Re: Bloat-ware and crashing!

Post by Vadi »

Then as mentioned, you'll need to post your profile - we've been having to guess and we're out of guesses.

Fo-Rum

Post by Fo-Rum »

! That won't be necessary!

I remember manually deleting the map for this more than a week ago now. I also used the script you linked to, as I said, and it said it deleted stuff! I noticed though when looking back at the result of it, the script said that it only deleted some of the files, and left 3 as a remainder. I went back directory myself, deleted the files the script didn't delete, and now the loading is back to normal. I thought I deleted those map files though! It was a pretty big file that I deleted originally!

Now that the loading is back to normal, would it stay that way if I went to use the mapper again? I've used map files as big as the Lusternia one on much older computers and never had any noticeable load times!

Also, I still haven't crashed yet since the latest update! Consider this matter resolved I guess, unless you guys think that my computer should load the map file with no increased load times! I'm not using a lot of process heavy stuff, and run my OS under a minimal settings (having turned off everything I can get away with). So, my computer resources are pretty much free. I'd say it should load with no problems. I'll get around to trying it out again and I'll let you guys know how it loads!

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Great...