ctrl+v should be keep linebreaks, ctrl+shift+v strip them
57%
ctrl+v should strip linebreaks, ctrl+shift+v should keep them
43%

Total votes: 7

Rakon

Re: ctrl+shift+v

Post by Rakon »

Vadi wrote:I'm not addressing any bugs with ctrl+c right now, I'm sorry - please take bug reports to bugs.launchpad.net. This thread is for a new feature, let's not be offtopic.

Do note that ctrl+c only works on the main window, anywhere else you need to right-click and copy (which isn't your case, but I'm saying in general).
I know this is not for bug reports.

I clarified my post seeing as you completely missed my point.

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

ctrl+c copy is buggy at the moment, and always has been. Sometimes it looks at the input bar, othertimes it looks at what's on the screen, occasionally it looks at some buffer that you're not seeing that is always empty. That is a bug indeed, and not really what this thread is about. I'd welcome fixes to that bug as it certainly is frustrating, but this thread is about proposed new functionality and should be kept at that.

I'm torn myself, though. I'm not certain which of the votes is more reasonable when thinking about the new user.

Edit:
I'm going to vote to use ctrl+v for pasting output -with- linebreaks. My reasoning for this is simple: it will keep copy/paste functionality the same both internally and externally to mudlet for what i would consider to be regular application usage. Some users might get confused if ctrl+v did one thing in mudlet (paste with linebreaks stripped) and another somewhere else, like pastebin (paste what the buffer actually saw, linebreaks included).

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

That's true as well. I'll go with that then not to create confusion.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I've implemented it - it replaces newlines with a space, and a selection of smart quotes with normal ones. If the function will need to handle anything else, it's really easy to mod it.

Attached is a diff and a complete version of the new file.
Attachments
TCommandLine.cpp
(23.49 KiB) Downloaded 409 times
ctrl+shift+v.diff
(2.66 KiB) Downloaded 423 times

kaeus

Post by kaeus »

Vadi wrote:I've implemented it - it replaces newlines with a space, and a selection of smart quotes with normal ones. If the function will need to handle anything else, it's really easy to mod it.

Attached is a diff and a complete version of the new file.
Is this going to work for pasting into trigger lines as well? Often when pasting lines split by mudlet that are "one line" there is a break copied rather than a space.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

No, sorry. I don't know when the line was wrapped by the MUD or Mudlet or a user script.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Not that I'd like for a better solution. I've been bitten myself by the issue earlier, and now we made it strip the newline and add a space I think - it's tricky because a MUD might strip a space in wrapping text if it's just on the edge. I personally just paste the line into the script box, fix it up to be one line and then insert it.

Manni

Post by Manni »

how do I implement this?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I believe chris' repository has this patch applied, so compiling that will get you it.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Or no, it doesn't seem to have it.