Unable to edit Wiki: tempComplexRegexTrigger()

Vagonuth

Unable to edit Wiki: tempComplexRegexTrigger()

Post by Vagonuth »

I've been playing around with tempComplexRegexTrigger() and I noticed the wiki doesn't appear to be correct. I tried updating the wiki but it gives me an error message saying I'm trying to insert a link. I'm not but perhaps someone with higher privileges could make these changes.

re: expireAfter, Mudlet only allows for nil, or greater than 0 (not 0 as is in the example). I was trying to add this comment to the expireAfter line: (must be nil or greater than 0)

tempComplexRegexTrigger() only accepts 14 input variables, the example lists 17. The last three 0's should be removed from the example (and the 14th 0 replaced with a nil, see expireAfter note above).

Additionally, killTrigger(triggerNumber) is not working at the moment (i.e., trying to kill the trigger with the ID it returns). Instead you need to kill it with it's name.

Here's the updated example I was trying to edit, perhaps someone could make the change?

Code: Select all

-- This trigger will be activated on any new line received.
triggerNumber = tempComplexRegexTrigger(target, "^(.*)$", [[echo("Text received!")]], 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, nil)

-- Kill the trigger using the trigger name, not the ID
killTrigger(target)

-- This trigger will match two different regex patterns:
tempComplexRegexTrigger("multiTrigger", "first regex pattern", [[]], 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, nil)
tempComplexRegexTrigger("multiTrigger", "second regex pattern", [[echo("Trigger matched!")]], 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, nil)

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Unable to edit Wiki: tempComplexRegexTrigger()

Post by SlySven »

Sorry, but to prevent spammers, editors to the Wiki have to added to the "confirmed_users" group by someone with that capability (like myself :D )

What is your username on the Wiki?

As for the killTrigger(...) function that only works for tempXxxx(...) triggers, to remove permanent ones you have to use the editor anyway.