Darmir

Re: Mudlet-2.0-test3 released

Post by Darmir »

Heiko,
What changes were made in test3?

Manni

Post by Manni »

what are the differences between the test versions and the RCs? I've been using 2.0 test, and found the map and a few other minor things different. Is there anything else?

Lucky24

Post by Lucky24 »

In this version on Windows 7 (Professional x64), any sound played continues playing even if another sound is started, and thus I'm not entirely sure how to stop a sound from playing once it's started...

The last version I used (rc3) would stop playing all previous sounds if a new sound was triggered.

KaVir

Post by KaVir »

Lucky24 wrote:In this version on Windows 7 (Professional x64), any sound played continues playing even if another sound is started, and thus I'm not entirely sure how to stop a sound from playing once it's started...

The last version I used (rc3) would stop playing all previous sounds if a new sound was triggered.
This is desirable behaviour, as it allows multiple sounds to be played at the same time (for example if you're playing the sound of a thunderstorm in the background, you don't want it to stop when someone punches you).

However it is also sometimes necessary to stop a sound, or check if a sound is already playing. This is usually handled by assigning certain sounds to specific channels - is this possible in Mudlet?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Sounds are assigned to channels (up to four of them atm), but there's no command to stop a channel from playing, yet.

Ideally, playSoundFile will return the channel number, and stopChannel(number) would exist

Lucky24

Post by Lucky24 »

Vadi wrote:Sounds are assigned to channels (up to four of them atm), but there's no command to stop a channel from playing, yet.

Ideally, playSoundFile will return the channel number, and stopChannel(number) would exist
Also, playSoundFile() seems to choose channel 4 (or the most recently accessed channel?) when executed over 4 times in a row. Thus, starting 8 sounds in a row leaves the first three playing, and overwrites the 4th sound four times.

If this gets fixed I can finally use the mapper :)

(In rc3 I can't use the user defined variables of the mapper without runtime errors when reading a non-existent variable, in rc6 sounds don't play at all, and in test3 sounds now overlap).

P.S. I would mess around with the source code until I could fix this, but I can't seem to find a good tutorial on how to compile Mudlet for Windows.

Widjet

Post by Widjet »

I take it none of these test versions are available on Git? It seems the latest available there is rc5.

Can someone please comment out line 1634 of ctelnet.cpp, which says
mpHost->mpConsole->print("\n<starting MCCP data compression>\n")

It messes with my login script, since it seems to overwrite the output from the server.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Git has latest code, it just hasn't been tagged. I don't think that message messes with it, rather mccp was adjusted recently. Post what exactly broke please.

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

Widjet wrote:I take it none of these test versions are available on Git? It seems the latest available there is rc5.

Can someone please comment out line 1634 of ctelnet.cpp, which says
mpHost->mpConsole->print("\n<starting MCCP data compression>\n")

It messes with my login script, since it seems to overwrite the output from the server.
Changed the echo in my Mudlet branch. Should be able to download and compile properly. Works fine here.

[url]git://github.com/Penquincoder/Mudlet-Tweak.git[/url]

Though, I don't think the message itself is what is causing the 'no text' display. Issue still occurs after re-routing the echo.