Mudlet packages for Debian

Smurf

Mudlet packages for Debian

Post by Smurf »

This is 4.9.1, in a nice Debian package for stable/Buster.

Code: Select all

cd /tmp; wget http://build.smurf.noris.de/info/SETUP; sudo sh ./SETUP; sudo apt install mudlet
I looked into getting Mudlet back into Debian, but that's a whole lot of work; somebody would need to package the 3rd-party code that is currently downloaded from github during build. So for now this will use my personal repository.

This build uses the cjson codec instead of yajl because the latter generates completely broken JSON when you tell it to encode non-encodeable data; cjson throws an error in that case. There's compatibility code in there, so all your modules should continue to work. Please speak up if that breaks anything.

demonnic

Re: Mudlet packages for Debian

Post by demonnic »

Please note that this is not an officially supported version of Mudlet, as it's been compiled with alternative libraries.
If you see issues encoding/decoding json with this build please respond with those issues here and not in a github issue on the Mudlet project.

If Mudlet changes to use this different library I will edit this comment, but in the meantime let's keep debugging issues to here.