4.2 - overhauled stopwatches, secure passwords storage, ANSI colours for scripting and more

Vadi

4.2 - overhauled stopwatches, secure passwords storage, ANSI colours for scripting and more

Post by Vadi »

This update now stores characters' passwords securely, improves selection (but more work to do there), adds ANSI colours to cecho and friends, and fixes the font spacing in the error console.

We know quality of the last few updates hasn't been amazing, and quality is something we pride ourselves in. We've worked extra hard this time to test everything! :)

Please provide all feedback and problem reports on 4.2 here or over on Github!

MikeyKJr

Re: 4.2 - overhauled stopwatches, secure passwords storage, ANSI colours for scripting and more

Post by MikeyKJr »

Just updated to Mudlet 4.2. Upon exiting game received:

"startStopWatch: bad argument #1 type (stopwatch id as number or name as string expected, got
nil!)"

The other is game specific - SVOF customized prompt disappeared again (but I can fix it)!

Vadi

Re: 4.2 - overhauled stopwatches, secure passwords storage, ANSI colours for scripting and more

Post by Vadi »

It looks like there's a bug in the code that the new Mudlet now finds :)

MikeyKJr

Post by MikeyKJr »

It doesn't break mine. I was just posting to let you guys know :)

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Thanks for doing that. On second thought it looks like the stopwatches break a lot of things, despite our extensive testing...

Buchmann

Post by Buchmann »

I ran into an issue after updating to 4.2 and 4.2.1 with the mapper. I have a map file that works fine in 4.1.2, but when I update to the latest version of Mudlet and attempt to load in the map I get a bunch of errors like:

--------------------------- Area id: 1 "The Island" ---------------------------
[ ALERT ] - Area with this id expected but not found, will be created.

At this point it does create the areas, but all the rooms in there are deleted and it essentially wipes out all the map data.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Sorry about that. Are you able to share the map file here?

Buchmann

Post by Buchmann »

Attached the map file. Tested on both a Mac and Windows laptop, version 4.2 and 4.2.1 both do the same thing. Once it loads in I still see a list of all the areas, but all room data is lost.
Attachments
sloth-map.dat
(2.48 MiB) Downloaded 685 times

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Sorry if this hasn't been sorted for you already - but that sounds as if you are being hit by the same bugfix for an issue that came about with the release of Qt 5.13 which was first used on the macOs releases (and Arch Linux AUR package builds) - someone else reported the same thing which I discussed in: https://github.com/Mudlet/Mudlet/issues/3197 - if you want to recover that map it will need to be loading into a Mudlet 4.1.x version, saved with a map format of 18 maximum and then that file can be loaded into the current Mudlet version and then resaved with a later map format version number...

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Ah - I can do that for you - here is the same file (though I have moved to the room with ID 1) saved in version 18 format which can be loaded safely and fully into the current version of Mudlet:
sloth-map-version18.dat
(2.44 MiB) Downloaded 606 times
Hope that helps.