FR: More Box Labels

Yetzederixx

FR: More Box Labels

Post by Yetzederixx »

I try to help people that are adapting to mudlet, but not code savvy, a fair amount and the lack of labels for the code editor and pattern box make this difficult. They are already overwhelmed having to move away from c/zmud abomination of a syntax and this would make life easier if every subsection had a label.

These things are taken for granted a lot by us vets, but they definitely aren't for those new to mudlet.

Vadi

Re: FR: More Box Labels

Post by Vadi »

What if we added placeholders to them?

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: FR: More Box Labels

Post by SlySven »

Do you mean tool-tips for the type of item combo-boxes - or type dependent placeholder texts for the line edits set from the current value of those comboBoxes?

Incidently there is Pull Request #1633 that I need to polish up a bit more that will help I think for the colour triggers case {it adds text in a contrasting colour describing what the trigger will match on (an ANSI colour - now expanded to make the full 0-255 colours range - number/default {fore|back}ground/ignored {fore|back}ground colour)} - it is temporarily on hold but I expect to roll it out shortly when another PR gets updated and which touches on the same area of code.