MXP enabled test version released

Heiko
Site Admin

MXP enabled test version released

Post by Heiko »

KaVir

Re: MXP enabled test version released

Post by KaVir »

If I click "Settings", the "General" tab has an MXP section at the bottom. This section is ghosted out, and lists the "MXP Mode" as "MXP off". However MXP is definitely on and working.

However it seems to be displaying all of the links blue, even when the mud specifies different colours for them.

Other than that it works great.

dhoob

Post by dhoob »

I switched back to an older version of mudlet after trying the MXP enabled version; MXP plus vadi-mapper for achaea in a minconsole slowed mudlet to a crawl.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Can you give us any more information? What did the N: and S: numbers at the bottom say?

dhoob

Post by dhoob »

I am pretty novice and don't where the N or S numbers or what data is relevant for you.

The version with MXP that I found very slow was: Mudlet-2.0-rc5-mxp-enabled.exe, I switched back to Mudlet-2.0-rc5-1.exe and did not have the same problem. I am using a script that puts a window in the corner where it captures vadimap data. It seemed like whenever the MXP stuff had to be run, for example when I switched rooms, it stalled quite a bit. I am ok without MXP so I went back to a version without it and had no slow down. My computer is old and slow in general though, maybe MXP is too much for my old computer to handle. I am not complaining, Mudlet has been very good to me. Being able to switch off MXP like I can with GCMP would be nice in new versions though.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

It's significantly slower because it's meant as a test version to find out if MXP works on various MUD servers. It uses aggressive unbuffered debug logging to file. MXP is generally slower because the amount of data that the server sends is significantly larger than without MXP. MXP is only used if the server uses MXP. You can turn off MXP on all MUD servers via in game commands.

dhoob

Post by dhoob »

Good to know, thank you.