added MXP support to Mudlet

Heiko
Site Admin

added MXP support to Mudlet

Post by Heiko »

I've added MXP support. Mudlet can now handle MXP server links, popup menus, sounds and MXP variables, i. e. it supports all the MXP goodies and ignores the rest of the standard that nobody cares about anyways.

I've tested on 3 MUDs (MateriaMagica.com, Avalon-mud.de and Achaea.com). MM clearly has the best MXP support of the three, followed by Avalon. Achaea doesn't seem to have much anything apart from exit links. What other big MUDs are out there that have good MXP support?

KaVir

Re: added MXP support to Mudlet

Post by KaVir »

Excellent news, thanks!

CoffeeMUD (coffeemud.net 23) has pretty extensive MXP support. God Wars II uses MXP for clickable links (eg if you type 'eq' the item names are all clickable).

Splork

Post by Splork »

Feel free to test it at slothmud.org 6101

We use MXP for quite a few things from spell lists, helpfiles to exits and shops. We have spoken on Sloth a couple of years back, when you first began messing with MXP and testing. Feel free to catch me online...

I just downloaded the MXP enabled version and it looks really nice. Thanks for the addition, I will let our players know tonight.

Splork

Omit

Post by Omit »

Hmm... would love to use MXP but.... mudlet does not seem to tell the mud that it supports it. Is there a work around for this? (maybe a trigger to send the confirmation?)

KaVir

Post by KaVir »

Omit wrote:Hmm... would love to use MXP but.... mudlet does not seem to tell the mud that it supports it. Is there a work around for this? (maybe a trigger to send the confirmation?)
Works fine for me, which mud were you trying it with?

Could be related to the vague MXP specification issue I described here, perhaps.

Omit

Post by Omit »

Playing around a little bit and I kinda got mxp working.....

If, when the mud tries to negotiate mxp, I type
<supports +a +send +gauge>

mxp is enabled and the server sends me mxp....

ok... so I built a trigger that does....
send("<supports +a +send +gauge>")

but that command never makes it to the mud, so.
How is a send in a script differant than entering it on the command line?... and more importantly, is there a way around that.

Omit

Post by Omit »

2nd question regaurding MXP.... I would love to trigger on mxp tags (best way to capture room info, amoung other things) and I see that it does not raise an event, they don't pass through the trigger engine, so....
Is there any way to access the mxp information from scripting..... I thought prehaps I could trigger on every line and use the "line" varible which should be unaltered (and maybe it is there and just getting choked when I echo it.)

Any thoughts? (...I also have not found a way to enable mxp with scripting, I can enable it but I have to manually)