Announcement: Beta-13 released

Heiko
Site Admin

Announcement: Beta-13 released

Post by Heiko »

Beta-13 has been released last night for Linux, Windows and Mac OSX. This release is a milestone in recent development. It's the first Mac OSX release that is fully functional including text highlighting, copying, color triggers etc. and the first windows release since beta-10pre8 that is fully functional again.
You can get it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mudlet/files/
(or tonight from our fast download server after it has been updated http://www.mudlet.org/download/)

We are getting close to our first stable release now which is scheduled for August. There will be one more beta release which will add a series of missing features such as:
- color trigger pattern type for the state machine
- Caled's idea of another qualifier for the state machine (pattern type line gap) i. e. you'll be able to design conditions such as: 1. regex pattern A 2. at least two more lines 3. regex pattern B
- enable/disable trigger/timer/alias functions to operate in constant time
- a profile based notes editor
- multiline enabled input line
- batch job functions i.e. post a command queue either timer based or event/call based. Batch jobs will guarantee that commands are processed in correct order unlike tempTimer() based jobs which are time-only based and cannot guarantee to fire in the same sequence that they were posted. A timer based batch job would guarantee that the sequence of commands is preserved. This is important for speed walks for example.
- a special helper page that tells newbies to click on "add" if there are no trigger/timer/script items defined yet.
- a variable display if people can come up with something that is actually useful
- maybe something else from the feature requests that I have forgotten about

Arkholt

Re: Announcement: Beta-13 released

Post by Arkholt »

A fully functional Mac release is indeed a good thing. I just hope the installer is fully functional as well. *crosses fingers* :)