Mudlet 3.1.0 available!

Vadi

Re: Mudlet 3.1.0 available!

Post by Vadi »

Yeah, they add functionality.

echo allows you to use `echo <something> to test triggers, and the last one allows you to do lua <code>, like lua echo("hello") from the command line.

palaver

Post by palaver »

Thank you all for your patience. My next questions / comments should be more informed and substantive.

Great work on the client, by the way. Thank you for that, too!

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Glad you like it! Get others onto it too ;)

palaver

Post by palaver »

Vadi wrote:Glad you like it! Get others onto it too ;)
I am part of a sizable community of Genesis MUD players who would migrate from either Cmud or our web client to Mudlet if someone were to make a mapper that was designed specifically for us. I know for a fact that it is the only thing stopping quite a few from trying Mudlet out. Several people have tried using / tweaking a general mapper, but none have succeeded to my knowledge.

As I'm figuring out triggers and things, I'm seeing that Mudlet is far superior to our web client, but to be honest, I won't do a lot of exploring far and wide without a workable mapper (and, as you know, my coding ability is zero); I'm still using the web client for that because otherwise I get lost.

Anyway, you could expand your reach in this direction were someone to work up a really solid mapper for Genesis.

palaver

Post by palaver »

I see on the introduction video you say that <esc> will make the split display become one single display again. That doesn't work for me. (Ubuntu 16.04 via Crouton) I wonder if it's a bug or if there's a different command now that we're at 3.1.0 (the video was 1.0 I think). Thanks again.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

A middle-click from the mouse does it IIRC... I am sure there is a keyboard short-cut to do it - I just cannot remember which one it is - normally I'd just trying it on the source code I have in front of me but I need to check the behaviour of something going back to the 2.1 version and I am having fun trying to compile that old version (the yajl1 code does not like my 64-bit OS/Compiler and is failing in lots of places where it is getting a long where it expects an int... 8-( ) - so I do not have a working version to hand at this precise moment!

palaver

Post by palaver »

Thank you, SlySven. Middle click doesn't do it for me. Hopefully I'll figure it out somehow.

Ok. Another question. After having done a search (using the bar at the bottom of the Mudlet window), how do I clear the search so that the words are no longer highlighted? Clearing the search box, and even executing a new search, doesn't do it.

Update: Disabling my touch pad seems to have done the trick. Now a middle click on the mouse takes the communications window to its most recent section. Search terms still highlight permanently, but that's a pretty minor issue.
Last edited by palaver on Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

:oops: I may be mistaken (I hope I am) but I vaguely recall hearing that the current highlighting may not clear as you hope {it came up as an aside in a discussion on the code that keeps track of how each character (or rather each byte - which is why it came up - as I am looking into handling more than just ASCII text and most of the other encodings will take more than one incoming byte per "character") is formatted}... if that is indeed the case then I have had some thoughts about improving it but it may not be fixable until I can nail down some details...

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I agree that no mapper support is a blocker for you guys. It's an ongoing thorn in Mudlets side since the beginning - would like to do something about it when time and priorities allow. First question is though - does your game offer any kind of room tracking - GMCP, MDSP or anything else? Adding that in from the MUDs side greatly simplifies the amount of effort needed to make a client work with mapping.