Manual

Omni

Manual

Post by Omni »

Could there possibly some time in the near future devoted entirely to updating the manual? At this time, it's horribly outdated, there are grammatical mistakes, outdated functions, missing sections, missing functions, etc. I tried to take a shot at doing some of the work myself, and I added in some mapper functions, but it's difficult, especially with the size of the manual. It'd just be nice to sit down, and clean it up, and organize it better. What I tried was to order the functions according to use. Graphical functions, string functions, table functions, basic functions, etc.

Vadi

Re: Manual

Post by Vadi »

I'm the one doing it, and... I'll do it as I have the time to. Functions are due to be removed from the manual entirely and replaced with the Luadoc, so it's best to work on the descriptive part - so it'll answer the most of common questions about Mudlet.

KaVir

Post by KaVir »

Have you considered creating a wiki, and allowing others to contribute to it?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I don't believe that wiki as manuals work. Others can contribute to the manual already, it's edited on gobby - just PM me for details.

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

Frankly, I think we should have a mudlet wiki. Not as an official manual, but as a place to go and post code, suggestions, et cetera in a less "post and reply" manner.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Alright, let's gauge the interest here: http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2082