Script window bugs?

Kalon

Script window bugs?

Post by Kalon »

I've noticed quite a few glitches with the scripting utilities, and I was just wondering whether they're things I'm doing wrong or actual bugs...

1) When I click "yes" on the save window which pops up while logging out, the file that gets saved in /home/admin/.config/mudlet/profiles/<mud>/current/ isn't automatically loaded the next time I open mudlet. In order to get around this, I keep going in and manually deleting all but the most recent file (everything works fine then)...

2) Folders and multi-tiered triggers/aliases cause the prompt to stop functioning, and all the text received to lag terribly.

3) Clicking the "Save Profile" option in the scripting window, or mousing over the "Save Profile" drop down menu, causes the client to crash.

For reference, I'm using the beta8~ppa9 build of mudlet on Ubuntu 8.10.

scripter99

Re: Script window bugs?

Post by scripter99 »

Kalon wrote:1) When I click "yes" on the save window which pops up while logging out, the file that gets saved in /home/admin/.config/mudlet/profiles/<mud>/current/ isn't automatically loaded the next time I open mudlet. In order to get around this, I keep going in and manually deleting all but the most recent file (everything works fine then)...
You are obviously using a quite old version of Mudlet. I'm not the maintainer of the Ubuntu ppa so I don't know how old your ppa-version really is, but from the bug descriptions you've posted it is definitely way outdated as those bugs have been fixed several weeks ago. If you are using Ubuntu you can easily compile Mudlet from source code. Here is a Howto: http://mudlet.sourceforge.net/wordpress/?page_id=30
Once you've managed to compile Mudlet yourself, it's really easy to keep up to date with the development by simply downloading the latest sources and compiling them. Mudlet is updated several times a week as more and more features get implemented and bugs fixed.
Kalon wrote:2) Folders and multi-tiered triggers/aliases cause the prompt to stop functioning, and all the text received to lag terribly.
Mudlet is exceptionally fast and outperforms all other clients that I know by a wide margin. Vadi has done a little speed comparision demo video here: http://blip.tv/file/1693706/ As you are using such an old version and there have been a number of trigger/alias bug fixes in the meantime it is quite likely that your problems will disappear when you update Mudlet.
If your problems still persist, get back to us please. Then we'd have to look into your triggers/aliases more closely as this would definitely mean that there's some bug in Mudlet we don't know about.
Kalon wrote:3) Clicking the "Save Profile" option in the scripting window, or mousing over the "Save Profile" drop down menu, causes the client to crash. For reference, I'm using the beta8~ppa9 build of mudlet on Ubuntu 8.10.
This has been fixed a long time ago.

Kalon

Post by Kalon »

Okay, I compiled the most recent source and it did fix all those problems, but now a new one has been created:
Whenever any trigger/alias fires, it fires three times consecutively... Any ideas what could cause this?

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

This means that you have 3 instances of the same trigger. Save the profile and restart Mudlet. Then you'll see the "dead" instances if they exist. This could be a drag & drop bug or a delete bug that slipped in during the latest updates. As this is a serious issue it would be good if you could investigate a bit on how or when this happens.
Another possibility would be that you are using the same profile on 2 different session or on 2 different instances of Mudlet. If you use the same profile on different instances or sessions simultaneously all items will double up on profile save. To avoid this you should make a new profile for each of your sessions/instances and import the first profile in each session. This will create different profiles and do away with the doubling up.
In any case, more detailed feedback would be appreciated e.g. exporting the buggy profile with "save profile as" and posting it in this thread as an attachment. Then I can import it and see right away what is happening.

Thanks

Kalon

Post by Kalon »

I believe it was a drag-and-drop bug, as it occured after I rearranged all my triggers... When I restarted mudlet I saw the dead instances and removed them, but the next time it happens I'll be sure to export a copy of it for you, and tell you what EXACTLY I did beforehand.