Mudlet-2.0 release candidates [latest: Mudlet 2.0 final]

Phoenix

Re: 2.0 snapshots

Post by Phoenix »

haven't even tried the mapper... heh. I assume that'll have the most bugs, being the newest thing.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I'm getting a really screwy map... really, REALLY screwy one. Connected (using the default profile) to achaea.com, mac version.
Attachments
Mapper.png

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

We've seen this before, I beleive it was caused by a glitch in the graphics driver on the machine.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

The mapper requires ATCP (=GMCP has to be disabled) to work properly unless you have imported a mapper script -> mapper sub forum.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Heiko wrote:The mapper requires ATCP (=GMCP has to be disabled) to work properly unless you have imported a mapper script -> mapper sub forum.
Oh, I see. That did it! Now to go find a mapper script so that GMCP will work. Hopefully.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Mac 2.0-rc1 January 2011
I'm having an issue on connecting with autologin. Not sure precisely what it is, but here is what the debug console and error checker give me:
Debug console:
LUA: ERROR running script WindowResizeEvent (handleWindowResizeEvent) ERROR:attempt to call a nil
valueLUA: ERROR running script WindowResizeEvent (handleWindowResizeEvent) ERROR:attempt to call a
nil value
LUA: ERROR running script (onConnect) ERROR:attempt to call a nil valuenew line arrived:Rapture
Runtime Environment v2.1.8 -- (c) 2010 -- Iron Realms Entertainment

Error checker:
*** starting new session ***
[ERROR:] object:<WindowResizeEvent> function:<handleWindowResizeEvent>
<attempt to call a nil value>
[ERROR:] object:<> function:<onConnect>
<attempt to call a nil value>

I can't make heads or tails. Is this a bug, or is some script doing something to cause the errors?

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

the handleWindowResizeEvent error is a known issue and has nothing to do with the autologin. Same with onConnect. I've had issues with autologin myself, though, where sometimes it'll just cause all activity from the mud to freeze. I -believe- this has to do with trying to use gmcp's login feature which certain muds have botched.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

You can safely ignore these start up errors. They are due to missing empty default function definitions in LuaGlobal.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

tsuujin wrote:I've had issues with autologin myself, though, where sometimes it'll just cause all activity from the mud to freeze. I -believe- this has to do with trying to use gmcp's login feature which certain muds have botched.
This is interesting. GMCP login features are not being used by Mudlet and I haven't personally experienced such issues myself, but this is definitely a problem that needs to be reproduced and fixed as I assume that you are on latest git.