Mudlet-2.0 release candidates [latest: Mudlet 2.0 final]

Vadi

Re: Mudlet-2.0 release candidates [latest: Mudlet-2.0-rc5+]

Post by Vadi »

The reason for it working was that we switched to a different Lua VM, which did not keep the depreciated-in-5.1 change.

Daagar

Post by Daagar »

In the changelog of the main post, it mentions that deleteArea() was fixed in rc2. However, in the latest verion (windows 2.0-test3), it appears to be broken. All rooms are deleted, but the area itself remains firmly lodged in getAreaTable() with no apparent means of cleaning it up...

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yes, for certain areas it does that: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mudlet/+bug/782840

Daagar

Post by Daagar »

Thanks Vadi, I'll start logging issues in launchpad. I just came across issues with searchRoom() as well - it seems to be only returning one match regardless of how many matches it should be returning.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yes, that is known

Widjet

Re: 2.0 snapshots [latest: Mudlet-2.0-rc3]

Post by Widjet »

Heiko wrote:1. I can add that the function argument can also be provided as a function object. This would allow for pretty much anything. registerAnonymousEventHandler("foo", function coolFunc() my.namespace( "bla") end )

2. I don't want to add a clear() function because this would be a problem in a multiple plugin environment, but I'll add handlerID = registerAnonyousEventHandler(...) and unregisterAnonymousEventHandler( handlerID )

3. GetAnonymousEventHandlers is also possible of course.
Any progress on this? It would be very useful. I can roll my own, but it would be slightly less than ideal.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Registering an event from a script is supported now, search about (sorry, on mobile atm, can't give a link)

Widjet

Post by Widjet »

Yes, it is, and that's great (I'm using it), but unregistering isn't supported yet, which is a problem for anything temporary. In addition, you can't register arbitrary functions, you register a string that gets executed in the global namespace, which means that you can't register locals with closures. See http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php? ... =110#p9254 .

Runei

Re: Mudlet-2.0 release candidates [latest: Mudlet-2.0-test4]

Post by Runei »

So I just installed Test4, and the install went fine....until I go to boot up. I get the following error:
[ ERROR ] - LuaGlobal.lua compile error - please report!cannot open mudlet-
lua/lua/LuaGlobal.lua: No such file or directory
The file is there, I've tried changing the folder name which is called files to "lua", but that didn't help any.

Rakon

Re: Mudlet-2.0 release candidates [latest: Mudlet-2.0-test4]

Post by Rakon »

The Debian wheezy package listed on the first post, is not able to be found for installation.
Is it hosted somewhere else too?