Mudlet-2.0 release candidates [latest: Mudlet 2.0 final]

Yetzederixx

Re: new features/functions in 1.2.0-pre8

Post by Yetzederixx »

I installed it last night right after the link was posted, and have noticed a significant increase in speed on this old computer I'm using (Celeron 1.6, 512ram, WinXP). Good job guys.

Omni

Post by Omni »

One should be able to disable gmcp messages while still having the debug console open right? Because that doesn't work for me. I'm also getting a bug in relation to the onConnect event. No idea why, only started after I updated to the latest snapshot.
[ERROR:] object:<> function:<onConnect>
<attempt to call a nil value>
Would also be nice to have some of the basic commands related to irc working, /nick, /quit, /query. Currently to leave the irc, one has to close mudlet.
Not directly related to pre8, but a bug that hopefully can be worked on, when one moves the toolbars in the script dialog, if you close mudlet and re-open it, they're moved back to their original positions.

Caled

Post by Caled »

If I right click the main toolbar, and uncheck the blank, unnamed option, the main toolbar is hidden. This, combined with the new fullscreen view, is really useful when I use my partner's 12" netbook.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to get the toolbar back without restarting mudlet.

If there is not already a keyboard shortcut for showing/hiding the main toolbar, can one please be added? If it can, mudlet becomes the first truly fullscreen mud window, utilising the full height of the screen.

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

This is an unhelpful report, but maybe someone else can reproduce this bug with good information.

Currently in this release, if I have the main buffer windowed 'scrolled back', IE split due to scrolling up, and Highlight a line; Mudlet will sometimes (but not always) crash on recieveing a new line while in the process of highlighting text, or right after. It happens more often I believe if my highlighting is closer to the Horizontal rule separating the Main buffer scrollback, from the incoming text portion.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I've had it happen seldomly as well. No good backtraces from my part yet...

Omni

Post by Omni »

After finally remembering to start the logger, I logged a long Free-For-All in Lusternia. Once it finally ended I stopped logging and when I went to check the log I got this. A full 9 minutes of the log gone. You can see that it skips a large chunk at the end by the timestamps.

Dynami

Post by Dynami »

I tried to install this version of Mudlet and I always get this error message:

Error opening file for writing:

C:\Program Files\Mudlet\libpcre.dll

I also tried to install previous versions but got similar error messages.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Is your hard disc full?

Dynami

Post by Dynami »

Nope, I have a lot of free space left.

EDIT: I solved the problem by saving the download and then running it as an administrator!

Vadi

Re: 2.0 snapshots

Post by Vadi »

I've renamed the thread to 2.0 snapshots, since the next release of Mudlet will be 2.0 - featuring the mapper - as we originally wanted it to.