Mudlet-2.0 release candidates [latest: Mudlet 2.0 final]

Omni

Re: 2.0 snapshots [latest: Mudlet-2.0-rc3]

Post by Omni »

Thank you for the fixes. And logs look much better now, not as clean as a screendump imo, but still better than before. Now it will be much easier for me to log just fights, instead of having to dump everything and cutting the fights out.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

The HTML logs should look perfectly the same as a buffer dump because that's what they are. If something looks strange, let me know. I've used Firefox and I can't see any differences with regard to the actual screen, but I haven't tested extensively.

Omni

Post by Omni »

Screendump text seems smaller, and sharper, compared to mudlet log text. Might be due to the size of the log, not fully sure.
Same screen resolution, exact same log.

Edit:
I still seem to be having that weird font/color problem with any string of letters starting with upper case Q in which it bolds and turns purple.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

The logs use different fonts.

Widjet

Post by Widjet »

Heiko wrote:Mudlet-2.0-rc3 is out (windows and linux so far)
- new: registerAnonymousEventHandler( event, func ) in order to register event handlers via scripts
So glad this has finally been added. Any chance we could have some sort of removal function too?

There are a few ways it could work:
  • Have registerAnonymousEventHandler return a token that removeAnonymousEventHandler(token) could use.
  • Have removeAnonymousEventHandler(event, func) remove any functions that use the same string as code.
  • Have clearAnonymousEventHandlers(event) remove all functions for that event.
  • Have getAnonymousEventHandlers() return a table of event handlers that can be manipulated in lua, or simply expose the list of anonymous event handlers as a global.
Edit: For bonus points, it would be really nice if the 'func' in registerAnonymousEventHandler( event, func ) was evaluated rather than just indexed from _G as it is now. That would mean we could do things like registerAnonymousEventHandler("superDuperEvent", "wjt.my_function_in_a_namespace"), or even registerAnonymousEventHandler("superDuperEvent", "wjt.my_event_handler_factory('superDuperEvent')").

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

1. I can add that the function argument can also be provided as a function object. This would allow for pretty much anything. registerAnonymousEventHandler("foo", function coolFunc() my.namespace( "bla") end )

2. I don't want to add a clear() function because this would be a problem in a multiple plugin environment, but I'll add handlerID = registerAnonyousEventHandler(...) and unregisterAnonymousEventHandler( handlerID )

3. GetAnonymousEventHandlers is also possible of course.

csmall

Tagging the releases

Post by csmall »

Can you either make a tar.gz source file or set the tags on the releases so I can get the right version out of git?
tagging is pretty simple and it would mean that the url on the front of the message could download the right version instead of the latest (if you broke something afterwards for example).

The tags I can currently see don't seem to make sense. You can see what I mean at mudlet.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=mudlet/mudlet;a=summary where the tags are at the bottom.

Alternatively, can you look at mudlet.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=mudlet/mudlet;a=shortlog and tell me which one is where RC4 is supposed to be?

Vadi

Re: Mudlet-2.0 release candidates [latest: Mudlet-2.0-rc4]

Post by Vadi »

Latest one as of right now.

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: Tagging the releases

Post by Heiko »

csmall wrote:Can you either make a tar.gz source file or set the tags on the releases so I can get the right version out of git?
tagging is pretty simple and it would mean that the url on the front of the message could download the right version instead of the latest (if you broke something afterwards for example).

The tags I can currently see don't seem to make sense. You can see what I mean at mudlet.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=mudlet/mudlet;a=summary where the tags are at the bottom.

Alternatively, can you look at mudlet.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=mudlet/mudlet;a=shortlog and tell me which one is where RC4 is supposed to be?
I have been lazy and stopped tagging, but I'll resume and tag rc4 tonight after making some Linux compile fixes. Right now rc4 is Windows only basically. I've sent you an email with more details.

Caled

Re: Mudlet-2.0 release candidates [latest: Mudlet-2.0-rc5]

Post by Caled »

There has been a long standing bug in the script editor for OSx builds, in the trigger section, where the field for 'line delta' of the multiline option checkbox, is vertically compressed and unusable. I can provide another screenshot if necessary - please just let me know if you need this.

Anyway, being the rc1 version (there is no later one for OSx yet) I don't know if this bug has actually been fixed or not in later versions - but from the changelog I don't think that it has.

It essentially renders Mudlet unusable in OSx, which is why I've been bootcamping to a windows partition - but I really hate using windows so much because the laptop runs hot in windows (and also in Ubuntu, for that matter.)

System info:
System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.7 (10J869)
Kernel Version: Darwin 10.7.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal
Computer Name: Brett Duzevich’s MacBook Pro
User Name: Brett Duzevich (brettduzevich)
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No
Time since boot: 2:39

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB