Mudlet-2.0 release candidates [latest: Mudlet 2.0 final]

Widjet

Re: 2.0 snapshots

Post by Widjet »

Heiko wrote:Make the main window a tiny bit bigger until you see the last line. It's prolly an unfortunate screen resolution/font size thingy in your case.
Resizing the window doesn't help.

Any new output will cause the bottom section to scroll to the true bottom, however, as soon as you scroll the top view at all, the bottom section scrolls up by a line.

I can also confirm that changing the font-size or anti-aliasing through Settings->Main display->Font doesn't fix it either.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Alright, I'll put it on my todo list.

Iocun

Post by Iocun »

Rakon wrote: I can confirm this issue in my version of Mudlet on Linux as well.
Likewise (Mac OS X).

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Phoenix wrote:Your bug report (detail: On updates to the gmcp.Char.Status section, instead of updating
the value, a new table with only the updated value is sent, clearning out all other information
within it. As of right now, this is fixable by doing SCORE to receive a full table.) - has been
removed because it is not a bug (usually meaning that this is the way things are intended to be).
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or misunderstanding that may be involved. The
following notes were included: GMCP is functioning correctly in that only the tabular value being
changed is sent in the GMCP packet. It would seem that there is a problem in the client-side script
that is expecting the entire table to be present every time anything changes rather than just the
value to be updated. The fact that the gmcp.Char.Status table is being cleared would be the result
of the same client-side script expecting a full table of values and not getting them, ergo clearing
them locally. Fix the bug in the client script to not expect the entire table and it should work
fine..

BUG: When any update to the Char.Status table is recieved, (IE, they update just the xp variable of the table), it clears the entire table. This is Achaea's response to the bug.
fixed

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Widjet wrote:Is there any chance the split-screen console could be fixed? Maybe it's just me on linux with funny font sizes or something, but take the following screenshots for example:
No split:
Split:

Note that in the split screen, I can no longer see the newest line, even in the bottom section, and part of the bottom section is also in the top. In fact, it looks like no matter how high you drag the split-line up, the top section shows all but the last three lines. Eg:
fixed

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Omit wrote:I have also noticed....
getRoomUserData NEEDS to return nil or false if it does not exist.....
last time I checked.... this was NOT being saved with the map either.( so completely useless after you restart the client)
fixed

getRoomUserData() returns an empty string if it fails, otherwise the stored data as a string. This should be good enough.
I'll add a new function: table = dumpRoomUserdata(id) that gets you everything if needed.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Iocun wrote:Any estimate on if and when the line delta bug in the Mac version can be fixed? That's really my biggest issue with Mudlet right now, since I tend to shield all my regexes, and seeing my line delta would be quite useful for that.
The problem with this is that we cannot fix it because we cannot reproduce it. Ixokai told me that this does not show on his Mac either so it's got to be a specific screen resolution thingy for Mac books probably. I have to think of another way to provide the information in a readable way for those who have this issue until some developer with a Macbook can come up with a clean solution.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

new update for Linux and windows: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mudlet/ ... e/download or via git

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: 2.0 snapshots [latest: Mudlet-2.0-rc2]

Post by Heiko »

other fixes in rc2:
- fixed showing up of tempTriggers and tempTimers after xml imports in the trigger editor
- fixed unresponsiveness of the trigger editor after xml import
- fixed a stream decoder error that could randomly mess up log in screens in certain MUDs.
- fixed addAreaName()
- fixed roomUserData() functions
- fixed deleteArea() and deleteRoom()
- major mapper 2D display speed improvement
- fixed gcmp.Char.Status messages get merged by default
- new: users can now register gmcp tables that are merged instead of replaced, current default on the merge list is only gmcp.Char.Status
- patch by BenH: MCCP compression bug fix
- patch by BenH: mouse over link bug fix
- new: Karsten Bock added new modules to Geyser e.g. support for tiled images etc.
- fixed: lower split screen not showing the last line after scroll up
- misc other fixes

more fixes in upcoming rc3:
- fixed crash that could occur with copyToHtml
- fixed HTML logging to file. Html log files now look correct (before there wer incorrect line breaks)
- fixed HTML logging now properly flushes the buffer after every log interval (-> no more lost data).
- new: setEventHandler( event, func ) in order to register event handlers via scripts

TODO:
- setEventHandler() needs to be hooked up into Geyser in order to connect the sysWindowResize event to Geyser
- fix too small line delta edit line on Mac OSX netbooks with certain screen resolutions
- new room button in the visual map editor
- merge a few patches by Vadi
- Kavir's auto MUD GUI download protocol
- package install and uninstall support

Any other bugs or important feature requests that I might have forgotten?

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: 2.0 snapshots [latest: Mudlet-2.0-rc3]

Post by Heiko »

Mudlet-2.0-rc3 is out (windows and linux so far)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mudlet/ ... e/download

Mudlet-2.0-rc3:
- fix for MAC OSX GUI problem on netbooks (line delta of multi condition triggers was invisible)
- fixed crash that could occur with copyToHtml
- fixed HTML logging to file. Html log files now look correct (before there wer incorrect line breaks)
- fixed HTML logging now properly flushes the buffer after every log interval (-> no more lost data).
- new: registerAnonymousEventHandler( event, func ) in order to register event handlers via scripts