Mudlet 3.0 final - do you have any issues with delta, epsilo

Vadi

Re: Mudlet 3.0 final - do you have any issues with delta, ep

Post by Vadi »

Jor'Mox wrote:Two issues that I have experienced (running 3.0.0-iota, for Mac OS, v. 10.12.3 [the most recent version]), is that I experience a redraw time of approximately 25 seconds (timed with a stopwatch) when I resize the window, in a profile that redraws in less than a half a second in 2.1, including portions of the text in the main window. Also, the background or certain GUI objects (the toolbar, and the buttons on the mapper, for example) frequently is black as opposed to the normal gray, which can cause some problems interacting with them (as the variables button and the search bar to the right of the command line become entirely invisible), in addition to just not being visually appealing.
Not sure about the redraw time yet, but could you see if the background issues are fixed in uploadfiles.io/771b0? It's Mudlet recompiled with the latest Qt 5.8.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

ecie wrote:OSX El Capitan, mudlet 3.0.0-iota.

I have several geyser miniconsoles for things like chat capture, etc.

If I switch to a different window (say, Chrome) and then switch back to mudlet, those consoles go black. Sometimes just partially, but usually completely.

Any new activity to a console will return the display to normal. If I backscroll into the main buffer, the miniconsoles will all redraw.
Could you test with could uploadfiles.io/771b0?

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

So, in that version, the toolbar just doesn't get drawn at all initially, and is left as a white rectangle. Once I force it to redraw by resizing the window, it looks normal, and doesn't seem to have the issue with the previous version. Also, the redraw time is reduced significantly, though it is still longer than what I see with 2.1. Also, it seems to me that this version just has more 'lag' when it comes to interacting with the game, but it could be just my imagination, or maybe my computer is being slow, as it does on occasion.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I've fixed the blank background issue that's present in the above .dmg.

I've also confirmed the problem of the mac toolbar not showing separate windows anymore for Mudlet like it did in 2.1, will look into that.

I'd hate for Mudlet to feel slow and I'm not sure how are we having so many issues with rendering on macOS, surely lots of people would be using Qt apps on it.

ecie

Post by ecie »

Like I said on Discord, that version fixes the geyser consoles

Ulenspiegel

Post by Ulenspiegel »

There's an old hanging issue with empty command separator window being treated as "break input into single characters" instead of "I don't want any separator". Should it behave the way it behaves right now? It's not quite intuitive - clearing the field causes a confusing behavior where muck seemingly stops understanding input (and it takes a while to figure that it actually receives "c<newline>o<newline>n<newline>n<newline>..." instead of "connect").

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I agree with you, having nothing should clear it. It does not make sense to want your input broken up like that.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Jor'Mox, ecie, mind retesting your macOS UI issues on this version: https://ufile.io/636e61 ?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

This is a very R&D version by the way - it's compiled from the latest development branch, not release_30 - exersize caution with your data.

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

It doesn't launch.