Mudlet 3.0 final - do you have any issues with delta, epsilo

Vadi

Mudlet 3.0 final - do you have any issues with delta, epsilo

Post by Vadi »

Hi all

We're looking to release the Mudlet 3.0 final update soon - just checking in if anyone has issues they've noticed running the pre-release versions?

If you're running 2.1 or below, this does not apply.

Jor'Mox

Re: Mudlet 3.0 final - do you have any issues with delta, ep

Post by Jor'Mox »

Two issues that I have experienced (running 3.0.0-iota, for Mac OS, v. 10.12.3 [the most recent version]), is that I experience a redraw time of approximately 25 seconds (timed with a stopwatch) when I resize the window, in a profile that redraws in less than a half a second in 2.1, including portions of the text in the main window. Also, the background or certain GUI objects (the toolbar, and the buttons on the mapper, for example) frequently is black as opposed to the normal gray, which can cause some problems interacting with them (as the variables button and the search bar to the right of the command line become entirely invisible), in addition to just not being visually appealing.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Qt5 woes. Have not heard about the first one yet, but for the second one, I think you're affected by this: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mudlet/+bug/1419179 ?

Buck

Post by Buck »

iota causes Mudlet to crash on using a database through lua.

Belgarath
Discord: macjabeth#7149

Post by Belgarath »

There seems to be an issue with Mudlet's built-in logging; it logs each line three times.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Good news - database through Lua and Mac buttons going black have solutions, will make test installers

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Bad news - duplicated logging is from deleteLine(), no fix yet https://bugs.launchpad.net/mudlet/+bug/1393556

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Buck wrote:iota causes Mudlet to crash on using a database through lua.
Could you try this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-iK1 ... nNmQ1VMVDQ - does it work then?

ecie

Post by ecie »

On OSX 10.11.4 (El Capitan) using 3.0.0-iota, if I switch windows to another window (say Chrome) and then switch back to mudlet, my geyser miniconsoles go black. If I update the buffer at all, the whole thing shows back up correctly.

ecie

Post by ecie »

OSX El Capitan, mudlet 3.0.0-iota.

I have several geyser miniconsoles for things like chat capture, etc.

If I switch to a different window (say, Chrome) and then switch back to mudlet, those consoles go black. Sometimes just partially, but usually completely.

Any new activity to a console will return the display to normal. If I backscroll into the main buffer, the miniconsoles will all redraw.