Mudlet-1.2.0-pre6 released

ixokai

Re: Mudlet-1.2.0-pre5 released

Post by ixokai »

Pre5 on the mac is available at: http://ixokai.io/get/Mudlet-mac-1.2.0-pre5.zip

The latest dev build (which may or may not be any specific preX, but currently is pre5) is always available at http://ixokai.io/get/Mudlet-mac-LATEST.zip

Hopefully someone will upload the pre5 mac build to SF after someone tests it out. I was only able to test enough to load up Lusty and see GMCP data (After being sure to hit 'ENable GMCP' in the settings and save/restart). I'm not entirely confident in this build, or that it'll work on anyone elses machines-- so let me know.

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

Seems like everything is working great.

What are the new advanced functions?

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

since Mudlet-1.1.1 following Mudlet CAPI functions have been added:

feedTriggers - feed telnet protocol level code to simulate MUD output
setRoomWeight - the higher the room weight that you attribute to rooms the less likely it is that this room will be used on speed walks, e.g. set a higher weight to water rooms if you're not good at swimming
getRoomWeight
gotoRoom - start speedwalk to a given room id
setMapperView - describe the view angles and zoom level of the mapper if you are in the current room -> you can set special views for individual rooms
getRoomExits
lockRoom - locks a given room id from future speed walks (-> never enter that room)
createMapper - shows the map in a frameless miniconsole like display inside the main window
getMainConsoleWidth - returns the exact width of the main console to determine how much unused space is on the right side of the screen next to the main console for user UI components
resetProfile - reloads the current profile without disconnecting from the MUD
printCmdLine - command line scripting
clearCmdLine

searchRoom - returns a table of room names + ids that correspond to the search (substring search)

getAreaTable - returns all areas and their ids
getAreaRooms - returns all room ids in a given area id
getPath(id1, id2) - returns a table with the path from room id1 to room id2 without actually starting the walk
centerview - tells the mapper where you are by roomID
denyCurrentSend - whenever Mudlet is about to send a command to the MUD, it raises a "sysDataSendRequest" event; when you call denyCurrentSend() in the corresponding event handlers, the command will not be send -> system control over what commands are allowed to be sent
tempBeginOfLineTrigger
tempExactMatchTrigger
sendGMCP

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I think lockRoom(id, false) should be changed to unlockRoom(id).

Kazuya

Post by Kazuya »

I just happened to make the move from Mudlet 1.1.0 to the newest Mudlet-1.2.0-pre5 version and am having some troubles with the built-in map. I really like it. It worked for me for the first "area" I was in, but now Mudlet stops responding when I try to open the map now that I'm outside of the first area it had originally loaded. I've given it a good amount of time to come back from not responding, and I don't particularily like sitting vulnerable while it tried to pull up the next area's map.

Is this a common problem? Does anybody know of things I could check for troubleshooting or maybe even a fix?

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

This would be a bug. You can force a redownload of the original map data by deleting all files in mudletHomeDir()/profiles/your_profile_name/maps.

Kazuya

Post by Kazuya »

So... what does it mean if I deleted that file and it still doesn't work? Mudlet says there is no map and is going to download one, I click OK, it downloads a map (progress bar goes), and then shortly after the progress bar goes away, there is no map, and Mudlet becomes unresponsive. I let it sit for a couple of minutes like this, but it didn't seem to help. After I close Mudlet and go back into the maps folder, there is no new map .dat file to replace the old one.

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: Mudlet-1.2.0-pre6 released

Post by Heiko »

These errors mean that your Windows system is somehow misconfigured. It loads the wrong dlls and not the ones that are shipped with Mudlet. Please post your PATH variable and search for the dlls that are shipped with Mudlet i.e. all dlls that you find in the Mudlet installation directory and post a summary of the folders that they are located in - don't delete anything, just tell us what other directories contain the dlls that Mudlet uses. It looks like you have installed some other application that has installed some other versions of some of these libs into your system folders and that those somehow get loaded instead of the ones that are shipped with Mudlet.

Kazuya

Post by Kazuya »

To follow up with this map problem I was having, I ended up just installing the Mudlet 1.2.0-pre6 over the previous installation. Map seems to work fine now.

Caled

Post by Caled »

I'm finally using the mapper (pre5 since I am on osx). It was fairly painless to get it to work. I reverted to the original blank profile, pressed the map button and it downloaded. I saved, restarted, tested it out and it follows me around, across areas. Very nice.

I have a few comments, bearing in mind that I'm only on pre5 though so I apologise if anything I say is outdated.

1. I find the 3d view difficult to follow. Top view is easier. Sometimes the 3d view is okay, but usually in simpler areas. Whenever the area is complex with many level changes, the 3d view turns into a mess. I'm not sure what could make it better - maybe smaller cubes, or perhaps transparency for cubes on other layers... not sure tbh. The part I find difficult is working out what belongs to what layer. This is easier when I change the view angle to be very extreme, but I wonder if more space between levels would help. An example of a complex area with many levels, is the ridiculous tree-city in Aetolia called Duiran. I think the area name is 'Ancient Heartwood' but the highly leveled part is the tree village section where the guildhalls and markets etc are.

2. When the mapper does not have current room information yet (i.e. upon first download or subsequent logins) the map is a jumbled mess of images, many of them from the character selection screen. I'm not posting a screenshot because there is one already on the first page of this thread. I believe this is a known issue and may be specific to osx only. I'm only mentioning it because the original post was pre4, not pre5, so I'm noting that the issue is still there.