Mudlet-1.2.0-pre6 released

Rakon

Re: Mudlet-1.2.0-pre6 released

Post by Rakon »

So... something I'd need to add in on my computer to compile properly, or just SOL with the Qt version I'm using? (qtdev-tools, and other required Qt libs Vers, 4:4.6.2-0ubuntu5.1)

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

File a bug with Nokia about the gtk look plugin not working on that theme

Shota

Post by Shota »

I compiled the new snapshot on my Ubuntu 10.10 system and it's been working great.

Until I tried using the mapper. I hit 5 seg faults last night before giving up on it.

So first, I just hit Map. It downloads a new map file, groovy. It finishes downloading and kind of hangs, then it crashes. I reopen my client, connect to Lusternia and go into settings, Enable GMCP. Try clicking Map again.. downloads, hangs, seg fault.

I tried downloading mapper.xml from the Forums here and importing the script first, click Map, download, hangs, seg faults.

okay, I got it to downloading without a segmentation fault by running it outside of my terminal, and while the mapper script works with the map file for RF and GOTO, there is absolutely no drawing of the mapper. My video card probably sucks.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

With GMCP enabled, you do need to have the mapper script imported for it to display where you are. Crashes shouldn't happen, so it'd be nice if you could report them to bugs.launchpad.net/mudlet w/ backtraces.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

ldd ./mudlet to make sure that you've properly linked against the SDK. There are no known crash issues with the mapper if Mudlet is configured properly.

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

Vadi wrote:File a bug with Nokia about the gtk look plugin not working on that theme
Well, I don't think this would be a bug with Qt, considering Mudlet was displaying buttons/icons/dialogs just fine, prior to this pre6 release.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Then you changed something locally. Mudlet in no way at all deals with GTK - a Qt theming plugin does.

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

Vadi wrote:Then you changed something locally. Mudlet in no way at all deals with GTK - a Qt theming plugin does.
You are correct, my apology. I used the most recent Qt SDK to link against (as suggested in a recent topic regarding compiling, and this thread). Using my system Qt SDK, and not the local home Dir SDK, the Button/Dialog issue disappears.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Shota

Post by Shota »

My apologies for not posting backtraces, I was in a hurry to leave my house. When I get back, I'll try pushing it through again and see if I can't post the error reports.

I actually got it working on Lusternia (rf, goto) but no graphical display at all. Just shows a black screen with 1 small white rectangle.