Mudlet-1.2.0-pre6 released

Caled

Re: Mudlet-1.2.0-pre6 released

Post by Caled »

Caled wrote:
Vadi wrote:Pretty sure latest xml here accounts for gmcp: http://drop.io/mudlet_mapper by calling centerview on new room id's.
Thanks heaps! It does indeed solve the problem, and supply a bunch of features that I hadn't had the chance to notice were missing yet, because I hadn't yet seen that link. I thought the mapper preview thread wasn't in use anymore :oops: and figured I had to write that stuff myself.
I take it back. It solved the problem up until restarting mudlet.
Now it doesn't solve the problem anymore. I figure that turning gmcp on required a restart before it was actually ON, but I may be wrong.

Name of the script object: "mmp_center_roominfo"
Event handler registered for the script object: "gRoomInfo"
Script:
function mmp_center_roominfo()
centerview(gmcp.RoomInfo.num)
end

I put a test echo into the above function, and it doesn't seem to be firing upon room movement. I checked to make sure GMCP data is present by using display(gmcp). It definitely is. The debug window doesn't show any errors, and doesn't show any functions at all being run upon room movement.

Incidentally, I'm using a fresh install and blank profile, in Aetolia, pre7 mudlet, with the xml file you (Vadi) linked me to. I can confirm that the mapper does follow me around and display correctly without gmcp enabled.

I tried to find where gRoomInfo is raised, but it doesn't seem to be anywhere in the scripts that come with the xml file. Maybe it is a system event raised from Heiko's end.

Edit:
System Message:
GMCP event <gmcp.Room.Info> display(gmcp) to see the full content

Is there any way to see if a mudlet event is actually being raised or not? I can verify that the event handler function is not running, and that there is no error, which suggests that the event is not being raised, but I don't really know for sure.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Okay then, it's not the latest - registered event handler should be gmcp.Room and the script should be:
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
function mmp_center_roominfo()
	centerview(gmcp.Room.Info.num)
end

ixokai

Post by ixokai »

Caled wrote: I figure that turning gmcp on required a restart before it was actually ON, but I may be wrong.
I for one had some issues with the option "sticking". I checked it, saved, restarted, and it didn't seem to have stuck--- did this a second time and it did. Just FYI. There's some issue around there somewhere.

Caled

Post by Caled »

Thanks Vadi :) working now.

Caled

Re: Mudlet-1.2.0-pre4 released

Post by Caled »

Vadi wrote:The delta line bug issue should be fixed with the merging of my gmcp patch - on macs, the line delta had a minimum height of 0 and on max it really had height of nearly zero.
I just want to let you know that as of pre7 this bug still exists.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

It seems that only certain Mac books are affected by this problem. I'd need a screen shot, your screen resolution + some info on your OS version and hardware.

Caled

Post by Caled »

Heiko wrote:It seems that only certain Mac books are affected by this problem. I'd need a screen shot, your screen resolution + some info on your OS version and hardware.
Okay! Screenshot is attached.
The screen res is 1440x900
Size is 15"
OSx version 10.6.4 (it was 10.6.3 but I updated and retested before making this post).

Some system info:
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: MBP61.0057.B0A
SMC Version (system): 1.58f16
GPU is: Nvidia 330M (512mb version)
But I think mudlet only uses the integrated:
Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 288 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0046
Revision ID: 0x0018
gMux Version: 1.9.21
Edit: Typo'd the screen res.
Attachments
Screen shot 2010-09-18 at 5.23.20 PM.png
Last edited by Caled on Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Widjet

Post by Widjet »

To get this going on an almost completely fresh install of Kubuntu 10.10 beta, I had to install the following packages from the ubuntu repositories:
  • git
    qt4-qmake
    liblua5.1-0-dev
    libpcre3-dev
    liblua5.1-sql-sqlite3-dev
    liblua5.1-rex-pcre-dev
    sqlite3
    libqt4-opengl-dev
    libboost1.40-dev
    libyajl-dev
    zlib1g-dev
All lua packages loaded successfully. The mapper doesn't seem to display, but this could be because I'm using software OpenGL (I don't think 3D acceleration with 58xx radeon cards exists yet for the new version of X). It's giving me this error in the console when I try to redraw the map:
Warning: X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
Major opcode: 62 (X_CopyArea)
Resource id: 0x7000057
This necessary commands are then:
  • sudo apt-get install git qt4-qmake liblua5.1-0-dev libpcre3-dev liblua5.1-sql-sqlite3-dev liblua5.1-rex-pcre-dev sqlite3 libqt4-opengl-dev libboost1.40-dev libyajl-dev zlib1g-dev

git clone git://mudlet.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/mudlet/mudlet

cd mudlet/src/

qmake

make
To run:
./mudlet

I hope this is of some use to someone.

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

After compiling the latest snapshot (as of 1820 CT, 11 OCT) I get the following errors when starting mudlet:

Code: Select all

(<unknown>:11442): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "ubuntulooks",

(<unknown>:11442): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Bug! gdk-pixbuf loader 'png' didn't set an error on failure.

** (<unknown>:11442): WARNING **: Pixbuf theme: Cannot load pixmap file /usr/share/themes/SlicknesS-black/gtk-2.0/progressbar/trough-progressbar-horiz.png: Failed to load image '/usr/share/themes/SlicknesS-black/gtk-2.0/progressbar/trough-progressbar-horiz.png': reason not known, probably a corrupt image file

(<unknown>:11442): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_width: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(<unknown>:11442): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_height: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

** (<unknown>:11442): WARNING **: Invalid borders specified for theme pixmap:
        /usr/share/themes/SlicknesS-black/gtk-2.0/progressbar/trough-progressbar-horiz.png,
borders don't fit within the image

(<unknown>:11442): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_n_channels: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(<unknown>:11442): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_pixels: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(<unknown>:11442): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_rowstride: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(<unknown>:11442): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_n_channels: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(<unknown>:11442): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_pixels: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(<unknown>:11442): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_rowstride: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(<unknown>:11442): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_width: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(<unknown>:11442): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_height: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed
RESTORING MAP 
TMap::init() host= "default_host" 
statistics: areas: 0 
area exit stats: QMap() 
TMap::init() host= "default_host" 
statistics: areas: 0 
area exit stats: QMap() 
Loaded the font the file VeraMoBd.ttf
Loaded the font the file VeraMoBI.ttf
Loaded the font the file VeraMoIt.ttf
Loaded the font the file VeraMono.ttf

(<unknown>:11442): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Bug! gdk-pixbuf loader 'png' didn't set an error on failure.

** (<unknown>:11442): WARNING **: Pixbuf theme: Cannot load pixmap file /usr/share/themes/SlicknesS-black/gtk-2.0/menubar/menubar.png: Failed to load image '/usr/share/themes/SlicknesS-black/gtk-2.0/menubar/menubar.png': reason not known, probably a corrupt image file

/usr/share/themes/SlicknesS-black/gtk-2.0/menubar/menubar.png,

/usr/share/themes/SlicknesS-black/gtk-2.0/menubar/menubar.png,

** (<unknown>:11442): WARNING **: Pixbuf theme: Cannot load pixmap file /usr/share/themes/SlicknesS-black/gtk-2.0/toolbar/toolbar.png: Failed to load image '/usr/share/themes/SlicknesS-black/gtk-2.0/toolbar/toolbar.png': reason not known, probably a corrupt image file

/usr/share/themes/SlicknesS-black/gtk-2.0/toolbar/toolbar.png,

/usr/share/themes/SlicknesS-black/gtk-2.0/toolbar/toolbar.png,

I assume its from the particular theme I'm using not meshing right with Qt?

Here is a screenshot of the settings dialog, after using this compiled mudlet

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yeah that'd be a Qt prob :)