changes in the current development version

Heiko
Site Admin

changes in the current development version

Post by Heiko »

There have been many fundamental improvements in the current development version available on git. Consequently, it is very likely that some systems might not work correctly or simply crash Mudlet. If this happens, please let us know so we can fix it. Everything should work exactly like before except that the line spacing has been reduced a fair bit as requested by several users. This means that you may have to resize your mini windows differently.

There are too many changes to list them here. This is just the important ones:

1. Non-antialiased font display is the default now. To turn on anti aliasing (=smoother fonts) check the respective option in preferences.
2. The underlying buffer has been optimized for speed in the run up to our stable release. On my machine Mudlet loads 78,000 "lines" of raw telnet network stream of ANSI color maps of batmud within about 3 seconds over a 1000MBit LAN.
3. The splitter line that seperates the split screen is back.
4. The display quality has been improved significantly. There should be no more mangled lines. If there still are any display anomalies or any other display quality issues please report them.
5. Mudlet compiles without problems on Microsoft Visual Studio 9 - though the overall performance of Mudlet seems to be significantly slower compared to when compiled with GNU mingw gcc - at least on my 32bit windows xp system. This is a bit strange and needs to be investigated further.
6. new replay feature

Caled

Re: changes in the current development version

Post by Caled »

Maybe a bug:

Code: Select all

function cutMap()
	selectString(line, 1)
	cut()
	appendBuffer("mapcap")
end
That is the function which is being used to capture the map.
Previously, this worked as expected, now it displays like this:

Code: Select all

A sparring ring. (Ashtan.)

A sparring ring has been laid out here with an extra layer of woven mat that has been dyed black. The northern wall is covered by an elaborate tapestry. The majority of the tapestry is a rich scarlet. In the center is a stylised, whitetiger surrounded by a ring of intertwined gold and black. Below the tiger is a small platform raised several inchesabove the floor. Upon it is a plush, crimson pillow with a cord of golden thread running along its sides. A goldentassel hangs from each of its corners. This seat would provide an excellent antage point from which to watch theproceedings in the sparring ring. With perfect posture, a robed Sentaari master stands here. There are 2 pieces of kelpin 2 stacks here. A goldenseal root is here.
You see exits leading east, southeast, south, southwest and west
That is to say, the contents of the lines are being cut out, but not the line itself.
Adding deleteLine() to the function fixed this, but I thought to point out that cut() seems to have changed. Which may even have been intended, I am not sure.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

This has been fixed.

Caled

Post by Caled »

There also seems to be a bug where if you check the 'trigger on colour" option for a trigger and save it, then you cannot uncheck this option. If you do, and save it, after closing the script editor and opening it again, the option is once again checked.

hickop

Post by hickop »

Hi,
Tried for the first time this mud client.
I'm using it under Ubuntu 9.04 64bit.
I compiled the latest git and here is my first bug report (hope its the right place to do it):

- First, the interface have some issues showing elements. Text boxes and buttons looks cropped, scrolling bar on the right side looks misplaced and cropped at the bottom too.

- Secondly, the render of the colours in the output is not correct, but seams to affect only dark colours.

Attached both a mudlet screen and a Kmuddy one to see colours differences under Aardwolf.

Hope this will help, this mud client looks promising.
Attachments
kmuddy colours
kmuddy colours
mudlet interface cropping and strange colours
mudlet interface cropping and strange colours

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Color bug is fixed. Note that you can define a personal color scheme in preferences to make your colors look exactly like in Kmuddy.
Git is updated.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mudlet/+filebug would be the place for bugs.

Also, on Linux, you should enable anti-aliasing so the font doesn't look so horribly crispy. It's reversed on Windows.

Caled

Post by Caled »

The new auto-complete in the script editor is painful. When it suggests something to autocomplete, we should be able to just keep typing. Or, we should be able to press enter and have it complete the suggestion.

What happens is, it won't let me type further, and pressing enter doesn't work either - the only way is to click with the mouse.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

I can't test this at the moment, but you could keep on typing or get rid of the popup with esc. Might be related to your Ubuntu so it would be good if you investigated a bit on this issue. This should not happen, of course.

hickop

Post by hickop »

Caled wrote:The new auto-complete in the script editor is painful. When it suggests something to autocomplete, we should be able to just keep typing. Or, we should be able to press enter and have it complete the suggestion.

What happens is, it won't let me type further, and pressing enter doesn't work either - the only way is to click with the mouse.
I noticed that too, you can't continue to type when it suggest something , ESC , ENTER , TAB ... does nothing.
You need to click somewhere else to continue, or double click on the suggestion(s) to use it.