Mudlet Mapper preview

Vadi

Re: Mudlet Mapper preview

Post by Vadi »

So what server are you connected to then?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

kaeus wrote: Also you can do `toggleatcp to have mudbot ignore atcp and send it on then the mapper will pick it up in Mudlet.
That's only half of it, the other part is actually downloading the map data from the game, and that's determined depending on where are you connected to right now.

Omni

Post by Omni »

I downloaded everything according to the op, but whenever I open the map, and once the download of the map is completed mudlet freezes up on me.

If I can get this to work, I offer my thanks, because this will be super useful. At the moment, it's all a fantasy for me.

Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Alright, got everything working. To download the map you have to be connected to the actual 'Achaea' default profile in Mudlet; if you create another profile and use it to connect then it won't work. I also encountered the freeze problem you describe, but got around it by opening the Mapper and downloading before I logged into my character. Once downloaded, I quit Mudlet and saved. Then when I reopened Mudlet and logged in everything was working as it should.

Thanks for the help all.

Omni

Post by Omni »

So it only works for Achaea? Because I don't play that game and if it's such then I can't use the mapper.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

It's for all IRE games atm, because only they provide the mapper data for download. We'll have self-mapping functionality later

Omni

Post by Omni »

I did Skylarks suggestion and loaded the file before logging in, and it stopped freezing, but no map pops up. Are all the Achaea things necessary for it to work?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Hmm, are you using mudbot / vadisys on Achaea?

Omni

Post by Omni »

Nope. No addons to mudlet, for Lusternia.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

0. Log in your game and move to a room that has an ingame map e.g. the market of a big city. Log out and restart Mudlet.
1. pick your game from one of the default IRE game profiles (click on one of the IRE icons in the connection dialog).
2. click on the map button
3. map download will start
4. after map download the map data has to be processed. During this time Mudlet will freeze. The time needed to process the map data will depend on your computer (between several seconds - several minutes)
5. Once you can see the map save the profile and quit Mudlet
6. restart Mudlet, Map will be up quickly now
7. import the newAchaeapack to get the autowalker scripts, save your profile and restart
8. Now you should be good to go. Depending on your game, you'll have to add a few trigger patterns to suit your game to detect closed doors and do swimming. Just add the new patterns to the existing pattern list in the respective trigger

Troubleshooting: If you have downloaded map data before but cannot see a map: a) Make sure that you are in a room that actually has an ingame map. b) delete everything in .config/mudlet/profiles/yourgame/maps