Mudlet Mapper preview

Vadi

Re: Mudlet Mapper preview

Post by Vadi »

You can block individual rooms, it is in fact how areablock is implemented - gets all rooms in an area and blocks them off (see Lua code for this).

Yeah, I do believe the area block is cleared on a new download.

It's all good feedback. Contributions in ideas / code are welcome.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Hunter Green wrote:(Area block is pretty non-granular, though; I'd like to be able to block individual rooms, or even single exits, and also be able to set costs, though I realize costing is a much bigger complexity.) Incidentally, area blocks probably also don't survive a new download, right?
Room costs have been implemented from the beginning. I've called it room weights. -> setRoomWeight( roomID, weight ) Pathfinding is done on the basis of room weights -> the mapper doesn't chose the shortest path but the shortest travel time which is directly related to room weights. Apart from room weights there's also room locks that make sure that the room will never be used for path finding.

There is no merge function at this point and that's the reason why there is no function to update the map because you'd lose your custom rooms, exits, room weights, room locks etc..

Adding new rooms is already possible -> thread: mapper for non IRE MUDs for details.

Special exits will be added soon as it's no big deal.

nexa33

Post by nexa33 »

Is there any way to know the title of the rooms when hovering over the room blocks? Kind of like in zMud/cMud where you can hover over each block and see the room name so if you need to speedwalk you know which room to click on.

I was also going to buy the Vadi system with the mapper. Is the Mudlet mapper better than the Vadi mapper?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

can't view it yet.

Okin

Post by Okin »

So, I just downloaded this, and it seems to be working. I was just wondering - what functionality is included in the autowalker, apart from clicking a room in the map and auto-walking there? Can I remember rooms by keyword and then walk there from anywhere later? Like, if I'm at Avechna's Peak, do "mmp remember peak" or whatever, and then later "goto peak" will walk me to the Peak from wherever I am?

It seems like there's a lot of stuff coded in as aliases and whatever, but there's no explanation of exactly what I can do. Can someone enlighten me? :)

Calixa

Post by Calixa »

Question: In previews, I've seen room names appear in the listbox on the side. Having the latest prerelease and IRE autowalk script, but the listbox stays empty for me. Is this a Lusternia map issue, or have I missed a step somewhere?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

room search results appear there, type in the input line above and press enter.

Calixa

Post by Calixa »

Oooh, I hadn't noticed it had a box above it, I figured it was a list that would fill with all room per area for easy access.

Theiwar

Post by Theiwar »

I'm going nuts trying to get this to work. All I'm getting to show up is the compass and a tool bar on top with "tools" and "config". Thats it. I don't see any map button and I've followed the steps to the letter....

I'm running Mudlet on a MAC, if maybe thats what is causing the problem.

Maybe a youtube video on how to set this thing up properly is in order?

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

You need the latest version Mudlet-1.2.0-pre5.1 for Mac -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mudlet/files/

Then click on the map button on the main tool bar.