Whats Your Gui Look like?

Aydein

Re: Whats Your Gui Look like?

Post by Aydein »

Vadi wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:25 am
Love the theming, that looks great and original!
Thanks! This is actually what I put together starting with Akayan's geyser template.
demonnic wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:22 pm
Nice! Looks like it's for Achaea? Perhaps one of the boxes could be used for target affliction and/or wound tracking? Does Achaea do wounds? It's been over a decade since I played there.
Yeah, it's for Achaea and I don't think Achaea does wounds (unless you are talking about limbs). Afflictions yes, but I'd have to find out how to track them on my opponent and also look at the gmcp for myself. This almost feels like a mandatory addition. I think my class just about demands a limb tracker of some kind too(if I want to pvp), but I'm not sure if I should just add that to my prompt or elsewhere.
I think I'm going to do another tabbed console for room items/denizens/players to wrap up the left side. That seems like it would be a good fit.
P.S. I love those text gauges on your gui!

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

yeah, limb wounds is what I mean. I think, it's been ages and I've never been much for PvP myself, more of a PvE sort. Another emco for room info isn't a bad idea.

For the text gauges, they're available in the MDK too if you want to use them. Though there's a bit of work to do to make them resize with the console they're in.

Aydein

Post by Aydein »

I'm actually thinking of changing mine to something more rounded off and nicer looking right now. Possibly even adding some proper labels. Those are still stock. Right now I'm working on the top icons since I've already started on them. Should I just make the keys run the function that's tied to them to make it more intuitive? I'm fairly new to coding like this.

Figuring out the gauges is certainly up there on the list though, somewhere. I'll keep those MDK in mind for when I finally start on them. (Probably at the end.)

zhenzh

Post by zhenzh »

Just made UI for my playing mud with Chinese Wuxia theme
5003D5B2-8298-4259-9214-28092A73307F.jpg

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

That looks really nice, thanks for sharing =)