Mudlet-1.1.0 released

Heiko
Site Admin

Mudlet-1.1.0 released

Post by Heiko »

guy

Re: Mudlet-1.1.0 released

Post by guy »

Nice job with 1.1.0! Many cool and useful new features.

Can other linux requirements be listed on the download page? For example, when using the "Linux Mudlet 1.1.0 normal" installer, the Fedora distro I'm on right now doesn't have libpcre.so.3 or liblua5.1.so.0. I can download and install them myself, but running mudlet from the applications menu just fails silently. Not everyone may know how to check a binary for missing libraries.

malcolmlewis

Post by malcolmlewis »

Hi
Excellent news :) So when will the 1.1.0 source be available on sourceforge?

Cheers
Malcolm

Knute

Post by Knute »

I have started using this one, and found a bug that's kind of annoying.

If I miss some text and use the scrollback, the scrollback works fine. Except when I want to get rid of the scrollback window. I have had to scroll through ALL of a very long session because it jumped to the top of the buffer. Is there a key combination to get rid of the scrollback window at all?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

ctrl+enter or middle-click

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

malcolmlewis wrote:Hi
Excellent news :) So when will the 1.1.0 source be available on sourceforge?

Cheers
Malcolm
The source will be available In the next couple of days.

garapol

Post by garapol »

Nice things added and a really fine client usw usf :-)
I am using it instead of MUSH, this means alot. :-)

I will try to formulate some things/suggestions I found. Hopefully they read to be useful and doable. :-)
Please read this as my wish-list. :-)

a) Bug: Scrolling is sometimes somehow "interesting".
The "actual" lower part is at the time of scrolling (mousewheel) not the latest text, but some random(?) one.
The text above is on the first tip of the wheel at a place, which seems to be random (or at least "unintuitive") as well.
If I scroll down again, the last line is not shown anymore, until the MUD sends some text.

b) The key combinations for using the trigger/alias/key/... window are somewhat hidden and I don't find them in that window. Perhaps they can be shown in the hint-line while hovering, so you learn them at use? Perhaps you can get everything (the taskbar for changing from trigger to aliases and so on as well) to be reached by using tabulator?

c) Trigger: Some "delete line" and "delete this text" from output standard option would be nice. For me it would have been even more important than to play some sound. :-)
(Not important:) Perhaps these standard options could be configurable or enhancable by script?

d) Lua Editor: Somewhere a possibility to configure the editors like having "linenumbers" et al :-)

e) In Trigger-Window: The "activate" should be margined to the right (so it does not seem to be in the taskbar of "Triggers/Aliases/...").

f) Somewhere in that window there could be a button "Load Profile" or "Import profile" with an window, what exactly to import. This could be fine for profiling some parts of your game work like "clerk-triggers/aliases", "dungeon-X-Triggers", et al

g) The new "automatical multiline Enterfield" in the enter-field is really nice, but the "pos1" and especially the "up" key are not working as expected. You can BTW use "shift+enter" to add two commands there, but it seems to be not recognized as two commands somehow. If this will work in later version I suggest to have the multi-command-character disabled. It would have been nice to add "strg+enter" for adding commands as well, as this is the way in MUSH.

h) SSL/TLS *duck*

i) In the default profile the numpad-keys should have been added, so you have to set their content at most. (it could be, that I never had the default profile)

j) Some Window for numpad-configuration for the very new of us.

k) Some profile-management. Possibility to open some MUD several times.

Nice nice nice client, please go on with it! :-)
I hope I could help with this. :-)

Garapol Leckerlin

Edit: Typo and multiline *editfield*

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

garapol wrote:Nice things added and a really fine client usw usf :-)
I am using it instead of MUSH, this means alot. :-)

I will try to formulate some things/suggestions I found. Hopefully they read to be useful and doable. :-)
Please read this as my wish-list. :-)

a) Bug: Scrolling is sometimes somehow "interesting".
The "actual" lower part is at the time of scrolling (mousewheel) not the latest text, but some random(?) one.
The text above is on the first tip of the wheel at a place, which seems to be random (or at least "unintuitive") as well.
If I scroll down again, the last line is not shown anymore, until the MUD sends some text.
Huh, I thought we'd squashed that bug.
b) The key combinations for using the trigger/alias/key/... window are somewhat hidden and I don't find them in that window. Perhaps they can be shown in the hint-line while hovering, so you learn them at use? Perhaps you can get everything (the taskbar for changing from trigger to aliases and so on as well) to be reached by using tabulator?

I like this.. but I'm a big keyboard shortcut guy myself.
c) Trigger: Some "delete line" and "delete this text" from output standard option would be nice. For me it would have been even more important than to play some sound. :-)
(Not important:) Perhaps these standard options could be configurable or enhancable by script?
You have the deleteLine(), selectString(), selectCaptureGroup(), and replace() lua functions for this
d) Lua Editor: Somewhere a possibility to configure the editors like having "linenumbers" et al :-)
Configurable would be nice. if you look at the bottom of the script editor it will tell you what line you're on though
e) In Trigger-Window: The "activate" should be margined to the right (so it does not seem to be in the taskbar of "Triggers/Aliases/...").
I haven't seen this one.
f) Somewhere in that window there could be a button "Load Profile" or "Import profile" with an window, what exactly to import. This could be fine for profiling some parts of your game work like "clerk-triggers/aliases", "dungeon-X-Triggers", et al
You mean where it preparses what's in the xml file and give you the option to select/deselect portions of it? That could be awfully nice. Not sure how trivial it would be to add or not.
g) The new "automatical multiline Enterfield" in the enter-field is really nice, but the "pos1" and especially the "up" key are not working as expected. You can BTW use "shift+enter" to add two commands there, but it seems to be not recognized as two commands somehow. If this will work in later version I suggest to have the multi-command-character disabled. It would have been nice to add "strg+enter" for adding commands as well, as this is the way in MUSH.
I'm having difficulty following this one. The multiline editbox isn't behaving how you expect? And I couldn't quite get how it was behaving differently than expected. Perhaps some examples would be helpful =)
h) SSL/TLS *duck*
hrmmm? I haven't played on a mud that did ssl/tls. I wasn't aware any did that.
i) In the default profile the numpad-keys should have been added, so you have to set their content at most. (it could be, that I never had the default profile)

j) Some Window for numpad-configuration for the very new of us.
Easy enough to slap together an xml file with just the number keys added to it, I suppose. But many laptops have no number keys, and many people use their number keys for quite a bit of things.
k) Some profile-management. Possibility to open some MUD several times.
You can, so long as you either a.) open another copy of mudlet or b.) use different profiles for the different characters on the mud.
Nice nice nice client, please go on with it! :-)
I hope I could help with this. :-)
Always happy to hear someone likes Mudlet. Even though I'm not the guy who coded it, I'm very much a fan of spreading the good word.

Caled

Post by Caled »

Vadi wrote:ctrl+enter or middle-click
Does scroll lock also work for this?

I can't test because I don't have a scroll lock key right now.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Scroll lock doesn't do anything