Honest-to-god Lua help

Alexander Divine

Honest-to-god Lua help

Post by Alexander Divine »

I wasn't sure if I should post this in the help forum, as that's a forum for help with Mudlet itself.

I'm actually calling out to you Lua gurus for help with a more general use: In attempting to learn some serious Lua, I'm trying to write a little standalone application, just a short text adventure to get my feet wet. However, I'm banging my head already on one stupid little thing: printing in color. I've been on Google for about 45 minutes now looking up how to do it, but I can't print text in any color but boring grey.

This more abstract stuff is totally going over my head! I miss the structure of Mudlet. Heeeelp!

Vadi

Re: Honest-to-god Lua help

Post by Vadi »

What are you printing to? The terminal?

Or what are you using Lua in?

Alexander Divine

Post by Alexander Divine »

I'm currently writing in the SciTE editor that came with this Lua for Windows distribution. Color highlighting is pretty. Keep in mind that I'm new to programming from scratch, so if I ask a lot of stupid questions because I can't wrap my mind around the structure of something, forgive me.

For output, I'm using SciTE's terminal, just a little window on the bottom. I've run example scripts in there so I know it can display in color.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

You'd need to check it's manual on what characters to use for it to render color.