Can't log into Mud

Skriptz

Can't log into Mud

Post by Skriptz »

Okay I tried to use a mapper so I started a new profile and done the whole localhost thing and it still connects me directly to the mud so I thought okay it knows where I wanted to go, it's a glitch don't worry about it. Anyway I made a script that totally broke Mudlet and I couldn't connect so I made a new profile this time making it connect directly to it and now after starting Mudlet about 6 or so times, it decides to go through local host even though I'm using another profile that connect directly through to the mud and so I deleted the local host profile since that won't let me in anyway and now I can't connect to my mud :(

It says I have the profile already loaded and to disconnect it but there is no disconnect button

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: Can't log into Mud

Post by Heiko »

Profile content (=triggers, aliases etc.) is contained in the .xml files. Other profile data like url, user name and password are not stored in the xml files as they are private. They are stored as individual text files in the profile folder e.g. mudletHomeDir/profiles/yourprofile/url
You can change them with a text editor. To connect to localhost you need to use the url: 127.0.0.1