Bug? Keys not staying in group.

Skriptz

Bug? Keys not staying in group.

Post by Skriptz »

Just something minor, not sure if it's just me but I made a group called Movement and have my keypad as my movement. Every time I edit a script or something and I go back, all my keys are outside of the group. Am I doing something there or is it already known?

Like I said, only minor but I am LOVING mudlet. Got me from Cmud to this so keep up the good work.

Vadi

Re: Bug? Keys not staying in group.

Post by Vadi »

I couldn't replicate the problem here.

Can you get it on video with http://www.screentoaster.com/ and report it on https://bugs.launchpad.net/mudlet/+filebug ?

Skriptz

Post by Skriptz »

Sorry for the slow delay in getting it but here is the video of the bug as well as another one I have seen.
http://www.screentoaster.com/watch/stWU ... udlet_bugs

When you import something it messes up the movement keys. To show that I haven't imported them like that I saved it, exported then reimported it with the same thing happening. Also I can't deactivate my scripts which is causing me a big problem because I'm importing someone elses system and taking bits and pieces of it and it's messing everything up.

I'll try to post on launchpad but I my email is slow and I'll probably forget about it when I do get the registration.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Hm... try explicitly saving the folder before exporting.

The scripts one is known too, but I think it needs to be filed properly.

Ravnius

Post by Ravnius »

I can confirm this bug. I can only replicate it using the exact scenario the original poster mentioned. Another piece of information whether it's useful or not was that I didn't have the foresight to create the Movement folder before I created the individual movement keys. I then drag and dropped all the keys into the Movement folder and click both the save item and save profile buttons. The keys will stay in that folder until I end my session, but the next time I open mudlet they have moved back to the root keys directory. Also if i export the Movement folder and import it to another profile the keys will not be in the movement group.

I also made swimming keys after I made the movement folder and those save/export/import correctly as being in the Movement group.

Hope this helps.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yep, got that here too. It seems that for me, a group was created inside another group - I dragged it out, put a key in, but on restart the group was back inside the original group it was in instead of the root location.

It's @ https://bugs.launchpad.net/mudlet/+bug/503096 now

Tsara

Post by Tsara »

Ravnius wrote:I can confirm this bug. I can only replicate it using the exact scenario the original poster mentioned. Another piece of information whether it's useful or not was that I didn't have the foresight to create the Movement folder before I created the individual movement keys. I then drag and dropped all the keys into the Movement folder and click both the save item and save profile buttons. The keys will stay in that folder until I end my session, but the next time I open mudlet they have moved back to the root keys directory. Also if i export the Movement folder and import it to another profile the keys will not be in the movement group.

I also made swimming keys after I made the movement folder and those save/export/import correctly as being in the Movement group.

Hope this helps.
I would like to add that I find this very scary. The first thing I did in Mudlet was creating individual movement keys and placing them inside a group called "Movement" . I also encountered the same bug but thought I was doing something wrong.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

This bug has been fixed in 1.0.6 which is going to be released soon.