Mudlet-1.0.5 released

Heiko
Site Admin

Mudlet-1.0.5 released

Post by Heiko »

1.0.5 contains important updates for Windows 7 and Mac OSX users.
Apart from this it contains many improvements and bug fixes - among other things an improved trigger pattern list and switching between editing triggers is substantially faster now.
There are numerous new functions like
howmany = exists( name, type )
howmany = isActive( name, type )
enableAlias( name )
disableAlias( name )
tempAlias( ... )
killAlias( ... )
permAlias( ... )
permTimer( ... )
permRegexTrigger( ... )
permBeginOfLineStringTrigger( ... )
permStringTrigger( ... )
resetFormat( name ) now works for mini console windows

Benjamin Smith has contributed metatable functions that get rid of the need to do manual tonumber() conversions on matches[] (don't remember if multimatches[][] is covered though)
He also contributed the function checho() written in Lua that provides a little color names parser that enables you to interject color hex values in text for those who like this. Please note, that this is not as fast as using the conventional setFgColor(); echo() approach, but can be more convenient.

Blaine von Roeder has joined the dev team and contributed a few small bug fix patches and helped with the release management of 1.0.5. He's contributed various wrapper functions that are supposed to simplify using some of the underlying functions. See LuaGlobal.lua for more information.

John Dahlstroem has contributed some functions that make it easier to create and handle gauges.

Vadi has updated and improved the manual as well as worked on refining the dialogs.

Jules

Re: Mudlet-1.0.5 released

Post by Jules »

Oooer!! I really like what you have done with this update! Looking at the debug window shows me quite a bit about what's going on with my aliases and how variables are captured! I also like how pearl regex patterns are captured the same way we use matches[], which is very helpful in understanding what's going on.

In all, good job, all!

Iocun

Post by Iocun »

Seconded. Nice changes!

Sheia

Post by Sheia »

Being able to make permanent triggers from a script will be really nice! It will let me make my chat window package I'm working on all the more awesome.