Generic Mapping Script

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
Alyven

Re: Generic Mapping Script

Post by Alyven »

karhuso wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:57 am
Hi Vadi,

thanks for the link.
Unfortunately it doesn't work for me very well,... to much to translate into German.

I've found this viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2177 from Heiko and it's working for me (Avalon deutsch).
Some functions are outdated and doesn't work correctly, so it has to be updated, but the mapper works fine.
I'm an absolutly beginner in LUA-Scripting, hope I can handle this :-)
I made a mapper script for Avalon.de many years ago. I used the one from Heiko and the IRE mapper as base (using ATCP).
I can try to release it as a package if you need it.

karhuso

Post by karhuso »

I made a mapper script for Avalon.de many years ago. I used the one from Heiko and the IRE mapper as base (using ATCP).
I can try to release it as a package if you need it.
Hi Alyven,

that would be nice, hope it doesn't make to much circumstances:-)

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

@kerhuso Welcome back - it has been a while since you joined us (2011!)- even before my time.

jbrumble

Post by jbrumble »

Hello Folks,

I've been finding it fairly challenging to for to get the mapper to recognize what room I am in. I frequently move between map rooms and find that the mapper doesn't move at all. I was hoping to get some advice on where my trouble might be stemming from. And perhaps if there are any work arounds. Is it possible to set the player position on the map via a trigger?

Thank you!

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yeah it is - can you do 'map debug' and show us how it looks like?

Seren

Post by Seren »

Hello! I have been using the Generic Mapper for a while, but one thing I've not been able to figure out yet is an easy way to update room names.

For one reason or another, room names occasionally change in the MUDs I play, and it would be nice to be able to update those rooms without having to delete them and then remap all the exits.

Any suggestions? How do other people handle this particular issue?

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Well there are Lua functions that will retrieve the existing room name and allow you to change it to something else. See:

Supernewb

Post by Supernewb »

Would anybody like to try getting this working for me with New Moon mud. I'm just not good enough to get it working with all of that muds quirks.

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

Some connection info would help. You may also be able to get some realtime help in the Discord.

Supernewb

Post by Supernewb »

Sorry, tried to include it with my first post but it wouldn't let me. "newmoonmud".org:"7680 Just remove the quotations. The mud shares a code base with Discworld, though they've both branched pretty far from their source, so they share many of the same automapping problems (no room ID numbers, random text appearing between room names and descriptions, etc).