Set 3d sliders?

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
Nyyrazzilyss

Set 3d sliders?

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

With the 3d mode on the mapper, there's 4 sliders across the bottom. I find certain combinations of them work best for different areas. Is there any way to read/set the value on them from lua? I'd then save that information, and force changes to it when the area changes.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Set 3d sliders?

Post by SlySven »

Not if I recall correctly - for reference, the controls are from left to right: scale/zoom, and z-coordinate, y-coordinate, x-coordinate of camera/eye relative to the current origin. The 3D mapper is something I want to get working better (I'd like to revise the control interface - possibly replacing/supplementing the controls with an arc-ball interface) however it is lower than one might hope on my todo like...

There are some issues with them however - the last three are internally labelled as "angles" but they are actually used as "coordinates" - and as such there shouldn't be the fourth control! Also, there are problems of: gimbal lock as the y-control gets to it's extremes; invalid camera normals also at those extremes {the OpenGL viewpoint/camera code glutLookAt() needs three sets of coordinates: a camera position, an origin location that it should look towards and an UP direction which must NOT be parallel to the line between the camera position and the origin} and there is no linkage with the zoom control of the mouse wheel and the zoom control as the first slider; and finally, as you have spotted the interface with the Lua subsystem is not properly defined/in place/functional at this time.