Missing button in mapper

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
Nyyrazzilyss

Missing button in mapper

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

The left arrow button seems to be missing in the mapper.
Attachments
maperror.png
maperror.png (3.33 KiB) Viewed 4997 times

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Missing button in mapper

Post by SlySven »

That would look to be a font error - but given that I think it should be using a font that we bundle with the application that is odd. Are you getting any other errors and which version of Mudlet are you using - can you repeat it consistently or is it intermittent?

Nyyrazzilyss

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

3.0-delta on Windows 10, and it's constant - The button never shows.

I don't make any changes to the font.

I can't remember if I had the same issue or not on Windows 7, or if it wasn't until I switched to Windows 10. I also haven't tried any mudlet packages other then my own to see if that same thing happens (I will)

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

It should NOT be related to mudlet packages IMHO. You might wish to see if "installing" the fonts that will be extracted to the top of the mudlet directory tree in your home directory makes a difference {look for: VeraMono.ttf, VeraMoIt.ttf, VeraMoBo.ttf & VeraMoBI.ttf} - try right clicking on them in whatever it is that Win 10 uses to show files and see if "install" is an option and whether that changes things. It might be that for some obscure reason Windows is referring to a different version of those fonts - the free licence permits additional glyphs being inserted but they should not have been "lost" like the left pointing triangle seems to have been. IIRC Windows does have a font "charmap" program that should enable you to inspect a font to find glyphs - I wonder what you get if you view the above fonts for that glyph.