Custom Mapper How-To

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
solfeggio

Custom Mapper How-To

Post by solfeggio »

Hello,

I am returning to my MUD after a long hiatus. I once used a different MUD client on Windows, but now I am using Mac and have installed Mudlet.

I would like to create a map of my MUD, but I see that to do that I will need to learn the Mapper API and then write (or install previously written) scripts, triggers, and aliases.

I have some programming experience (including a little bit of LUA, designing add-ons for a commercial MMORPG). I have tried following the mapper tutorial. I have reviewed the manual section concerning the Mapper API. I know that given enough time, I could review enough code from other users and then customize it for my own MUD to get a map working. But I would like to get a jump start, if possible.

What I am hoping somebody can provide is a high-level list of steps that must be followed to implement a mapper for my MUD, from scratch. Something such as:

"Step 1. Create a new script called "XYZ".
Step 2. In script "XYZ", implement the functions foo_function and bar_function.
Step 3. Create a trigger called "ABC" and design it to respond to _____.
Step 4. Etc."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vadi

Re: Custom Mapper How-To

Post by Vadi »

http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Mapping_script is intended to be such a page. If there's anything missing, ask, or if you find anything, please add it :)