(mapper script) Avalon mapper

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
Belgarath
Discord: macjabeth#7149

(mapper script) Avalon mapper

Post by Belgarath »

I've tailored off the GMCP element of Vadi's mapper (thanks Vadi!) and made it into a manual mapper going off room names and a returning prompt. This means it is a good base script for anyone wanting to make a manual mapper for their mud! And now that I've settled down and made it work for my current favourite MUD (Avalon), I'm releasing it :)

For instructions on how to use it, you can refer to this wiki. This mapper is being maintained by myself mainly, but if anyone would like to help me make it better, please do so! It is one element to a bigger standard package that is being made for Avalon to help new players.

Any questions can be asked here or on the Avalon (Meetplace) forums topic here. Happy mapping!
Last edited by Belgarath on Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nexty

Re: mapper script for Avalon

Post by Nexty »

I can not seem to make this work. I'm not 100% sure what the problem is. I have this set as the only package installed.

Using "n" "e" as well as the keypad inputs for movement, cause an an error
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
LUA: ERROR running script n (Key19) ERROR:[string "function Key19()..."]:2: attempt to call global 
'sendMovement' (a nil value)Alias name=directions(^(n|e|s|w|ne|se|sw|nw|u|d|in|o)$) matched.
I can manually set the first room I'm in (rlc v1 0 0 0). As well as add that room to an area. There is no room description or title, it just lists as the forced vnum in room list. I can force it to create another room that looks linked on the map (rlc n) and it shows up as "2" in room list, but the mapper won't follow me into that room.

I"ve probably done something horribly wrong, but any help would be great.

Editor (SlySven) note: I've put '['lua']','['/lua']' tags around relevant bit of the above to make it a little more readable - you can get the same effect in future posts by highlight the text in the (full) editor and clicking on the "Lua" button...

Belgarath
Discord: macjabeth#7149

Re: (mapper script) Avalon mapper

Post by Belgarath »

This script is now being maintained and updated on The Meeting Place by Mystogan. It relies entirely on Avalon Protocol now and will be updated frequently as new players test it out and provide feedback.