[Disregard]Hard pointing mapper to its database

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
Angie

[Disregard]Hard pointing mapper to its database

Post by Angie »

Is there a way to tell the mapper where to look for its database in cases where getMudletHomeDir() is having problems?

One of our testers is on Ubuntu and seems to have a problem with Mudlet finding its home dir, so images won't load and the mapper won't work. For the images part, I just told him to overwrite the path definition with whatever the path is on his computer, thus bypassing getMudletHomeDir(). Now I am looking for a similar dirty fix for the mapper.
Last edited by Angie on Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angie @ Midnight Sun 2
Alayla @ God Wars 2

Vadi

Re: Hard pointing mapper to its database

Post by Vadi »

What is their home path?

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Angie, is this the person with non-ASCII characters in their user name so that their home directory uses accented characters (not normal on a POSIX system but now quite feasible on Windoze)? I'm looking at the Lua/C++ code around that now...

Angie

Post by Angie »

Nope, it's a different case. From what I remember, his home dir didn't have any special chars in it, so it's probably some Ubuntu thing - hard for me to debug, so I want to try bypassing getMudletHomeDir() just to see if the problem is there or elsewhere.

I'll ask him for the exact path when I get a chance.
Angie @ Midnight Sun 2
Alayla @ God Wars 2

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I run Mudlet exclusively on Ubuntu so there aren't any issues per-se with a standard installation... would need to know a bit more info from the person I reckon.

Angie

Post by Angie »

We weren't even able to get his GUI to display images, so I suppose the problem is elsewhere.

Update: We tracked the problem to where the GUI installed itself to a folder called "mpackage" instead of "MS-GUI" - no clue why, but renaming the folder afterwards fixed the issue.
Angie @ Midnight Sun 2
Alayla @ God Wars 2