Background label limits mapper functionality?

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
Angie

Re: Background label limits mapper functionality?

Post by Angie »

I saw your window management system. :) But in fact for my layout Geyser positioning works like a charm, or has so far. This is the first possible hurdle, and if necessary I will write a script to handle it. I sure don't feel like rewriting the whole damn GUI. :)
Angie @ Midnight Sun 2
Alayla @ God Wars 2

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

Maybe you could make an hbox in place of the problem label, then add some similarly empty object that is given a fixed width matching the mapper, with the label taking the rest of the space.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

I may be way off track here but the "label" is a Geyser added item and not a label included in the map itself? Having cast my eyes over the movement and selection of things by mouse in the mapper source code recently the code is a bit complicated to select the right thing to move but once it has been selected movement seems fairly well coded if the movement is within the window i.e. without invoking any panning/zooming operations.

So, if it is achievable, do you get the same issue if the "label" is inserted into the mapper background directly - assuming that achieves the same effect that you want - which is not certain if you are looking to provide a boarder or frame around the current map view!

EDIT: Rereading the topic I think I am barking up the wrong tree but I would like to establish whether this is a Mudlet code problem or a Geyser one or perhaps a combination of both...

Angie

Post by Angie »

The label is not part of the Mapper, it is a layout label that is drawn underneath the mapper (and is meant to be covered by it, so it is not something I would like to draw inside the mapper). I am using Geyser, but I tried with vanilla mudlet labels and the problem exists with those as well.
Angie @ Midnight Sun 2
Alayla @ God Wars 2