(mapping script) Generic GMCP Mapper Script

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
Blizzard
Discord: Blizzard#7841

(mapping script) Generic GMCP Mapper Script

Post by Blizzard »

I was looking for a simple GMCP mapper script without a lot of extra game-specific features and I couldn't find one so I wrote one:
mapping.lua
(9.27 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
It is designed to work with a MMP XML map but seems to find new rooms fine on its own. Speedwalk works too. This is a very 1.0 version and I'm rather new to Mudlet Lua scripting, so I'm sure it isn't perfect.

Vadi

Re: (mapping script) Generic GMCP Mapper Script

Post by Vadi »

This was very much needed, thanks!

Pixie

Post by Pixie »

I am looking for exactly this, but I'm not sure how to use it. Do I need the generic mapper installed to use the map commands?
Last edited by Pixie on Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pixie

Post by Pixie »

Alright so! With minor adjustments this can be made to read and make rooms, even seeing which one you're in. The adjustments are:

- There's a small typo where 'vnum' is 'num.' Quick and easy to fix.
- Adjusted for 'exit' from 'exits' in one spot to suit my specific game's gmcp value

While it reads, makes, and sees which room you're in, the coordinates of all rooms seem to be 0,0,0, which seems to be what prevents the mapper from drawing.

Pixie

Post by Pixie »

Solution: If this is run into by somebody else, what you'll want to do is check how your game sends exits versus how the script's move_vector grabs exits. On my end, move_vector used the long form of north, south, east, etc., while the game was sending n, s, e, etc. Crochety Coder via the Mudlet Discord spotted this, and by updating move_vector the mapper started setting coordinates and drawing rooms perfectly.