(mapping script) 3kingdoms Mapper

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
starkj

Re: (mapping script) 3kingdoms Mapper

Post by starkj »

Hi Chris,

So I reinstalled the latest GIT version, and followed your steps. I still get the same issue. If I do a "tmap dirclear" after every movement, then it seems to be working correctly, otherwise I see:

Move NE, room is created with correct exits
Move N, room is created to the NE instead of to the N.

Any ideas? Or any more information I can provide?

chris

Post by chris »

Did you follow the directions? Like doing tmap mapsetup

starkj

Post by starkj »

I'll work on a screen cast, but as for the steps to recreate:

I'm down in the ant caves area (diamond level, in this case)
tmap mapSetup
tmap newarea Ant Caves
tmap firstroom
nw (room gets created fine)
continue nw until I hit the northern tip (map is just a nw - se line at this point)
move south (room is created to the NW) instead of to the south
If I then go back to the tip, delete the bad room, tmap dirclear, then move south, it places it correctly.

Also, how fast can I move and have it map? I've been pausing for a couple seconds in each room, just to make sure I wasn't moving too quickly.

Thanks!

chris

Post by chris »

I just did that exact sequence without any problems. Seems like you are maybe having trigger problems. Are you hitting the wall? It should clear the bad direction with You cannot go <x> messages.

starkj

Post by starkj »

Hmm, no walls invovlved. I'll try disabling every other trigger I have and see what happens.

starkj

Post by starkj »

Ok, so I disabled all my trigger groups, setup a new map and started mapping. Followed my path I listed, and it worked. So I enabled 1 group, tried again, still worked. I repeated this process until the last group I enabled (containing all my gags, like blank lines and prompts) and it still worked. I've been mapping now for about 10 minutes with everything turned on, and unless I run around too fast, it's been working fine.

I'm not sure how priority and fall throughs are handled in Mudlet, but could it have been an issue of the package being installed after the rest of my stuff was installed and enabled?

I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can recreate it, narrow it down to a trigger or two.

Thanks!

mgrommet

Post by mgrommet »

Just for fun, I upgraded to the new version 3.0-delta yesterday...

It seems that the 3k mapper no longer functions. Although I haven't run through all functionality to see just what all doesn't work, the mapper seems to fail when doing a findme. I think maybe something has changed in the ansi handling between the older and newer mudlet versions as I'm seeing a funky character in my mini-compass and at the end of my exits list.

I'm attaching a screenshot.

Anyone else had troubles?
Attachments
funky chars.
funky chars.

Daagar

Post by Daagar »

Been quite some time since I've played, so haven't used the script with 3.0 yet. I suspect you're right though - Etah was using those special characters to trigger off of to mark the compass and end of directions list. The fact it shows as a box instead of the usual squiggle (sorry - typical American that doesn't recognize half the world's characters) is likely the issue. Will try to find some time to poke at it...

DevArrah

Post by DevArrah »

I found the issue. To resolve, go into settings and set the Server Data Encoding to ISO 8559-1 in the General tab
Then do a search on: ,"§"
And replace it with: ,string.char(167)

This string should only appear in two triggers: roomexits and multipleRoomExits.

then it's fixed.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Yeah, recent coding changes is a bit more picky about what it receives and the default Telnet standard is only for ASCII, whilst the prior code did take Latin 1 (a.k.a. ISO 8859-1) I am being a bit more careful now as we are trying to add support for other encoding systems (ultimately we want end to end support for Utf-8) - this is a main target for Mudlet 4.0 - at present Mudlet 3.3.1 can receive and send a range of ISO 8859-X encodings and a few others as well as UTF-8 however many parts internally (including displaying them properly) is not yet complete/working. Ideally users should confine themselves to pure ASCII for the moment....