(mapping script) 3kingdoms Mapper

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
mgrommet

Re: (mapping script) 3kingdoms Mapper

Post by mgrommet »

I believe so... but I honestly can't recall the last time I pulled it down... Lemmie go pull it down, just to make sure.

mgrommet

Post by mgrommet »

Ok, grabbed the latest version and installed it... no difference... I'm seeing the exact same behavior.

mgrommet

Post by mgrommet »

Another question... somewhere during all of this, I've managed to trash my speed walk list...
the items stored in tmap.mwalkList

How is mwalkList persisted? Is it stored in one of the xml backups? Old map file?
I'm not sure at all how I managed to delete it.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

@ Chris
I think that the looks of your map can be greatly improved by setting the default x/y room coordinate delta to 1 as this is what the mapper is optimized for. Larger default numbers have 2 negative impacts: a) bad scaling b) more wasted map space.

chris

Post by chris »

The spacing is user definable through tmap config. I use large room sizes so it looks fine on my mapper, though it might be good to set it to a delta of 2 by default instead of 8.

mgrommet

Post by mgrommet »

Hm, a quick update to my most recent problem with the room creation.

I'm very confused, but it seems to be something either related to the map file I'm using
OR something specific to my profile.

I created a new profile, and an entirely new map, and went through exactly the same steps and it worked perfectly well. The mapping module was identical, though I didn't have MIP installed...

This map was one I converted over from cmud, so maybe that has something to do with it. Not sure yet, I'll do more testing.

M.

chris

Post by chris »

I'm betting the room capture done with cmud is different, hence why the mapper is thinking they are distinct rooms. You can use the updateroom alias or just use connect stubs to fix it.

mgrommet

Post by mgrommet »

That's why I'm confused. This is a completely new map area. I created an entirely new area in the mapper and started going from there. The map file as a whole is the one I converted, but I am not using any old rooms in this area where I'm experiencing trouble. Doesn't make much sense to me, but it seems repeatable.

I'll try to play around with it a bit more this week. I may just wipe out my entire map and start over, but I'd like to understand just what the problem is...

Maverik

Post by Maverik »

Hey guys,

Disclaimer: I'm not a coder but I'd really like to get this mapper working:)

Has anyone had the issue in OSX when I go to toolbox/module manager and then click on install mudlet beachballs and then crashes out. I've tried a fresh install of mudlet..

Hmm.. Annoying.

chris

Post by chris »

Mgrommet: You gave me an idea, I'll throw in a configure that is coordinate based on. This will actually help with areas that have changing descriptions (ravenloft/der'thalas/ant/spidercaves). Though for places like Science with static descriptions, it's probably something like your room short/desc/exit settings that is inconsistent (you can send me your map, chrismudlet@gmail if you want me to recreate it).

Maverik:
I haven't, but I'll bet its something specific to OSX. I'd start a fresh 'OSX crashes when I do x' thread.