(mapping script) 3kingdoms Mapper

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
chris

Re: (mapping script) 3kingdoms Mapper

Post by chris »

Have you looked at the wiki for the script? It's at:
https://github.com/Chris7/3k-Scripts/wiki

In https://github.com/Chris7/3k-Scripts/wi ... ng-Started it's shown how to do special exits and make a new area.

There's a command, 'tmap walk xx' that will bring you to areas, so tmap walk fantasy will bring you to the 1st room of fantasy, etc. This also takes room numbers, ironically I forgot to add a method for the user to add their own shortcuts. The current git has this feature added. So you can do two things:
Fetch the newest mapper from the github posted above and install it. I would do that

Or, add an alias like this:

pattern: ^tmap addwalk (.+)$
scripts: tmap.mwalkList[matches[2]] = tmap.lastId

Usage:
be in the room you want to add, type:
tmap addwalk cot

mgrommet

Post by mgrommet »

Chris, I did pull down the latest mapper script on github... I was having some odd behavior out of it, and I tracked down the problem...

The script line that reads:

if not tmap.mwalList

should read

if not tmap.mwalkList

The error causes the list to get nuked every time a new location is added.

chris

Post by chris »

Thanks, any comments/feature requests let me know.

beastytech

Post by beastytech »

Chris,

Hi mate, i tried to get this going but failed, i will try again one day when i get more experienced, i noticed though that it has turned on some kind of MUD setting and everytime i 'look' or move to a new zone it shows the location im in in bright green and there is an extra character that throws out my minimap.

Any ideas the command to turn this off?

Cheers

chris

Post by chris »

It's just custom ansi to make the room features more discernable. Use aset room_short color, aset room_exits color to make them something else.

beastytech

Post by beastytech »

awesome man that worked thanks heaps!

kendric

Post by kendric »

I just started debugging a similar problem as described above. The error i see in the debugger is:
LUA ERROR running script roomexits:getRoomExits wrong argument type Trigger
Ill look more but in case you just happen to know whats going on i thought i would post it here.

A note, tmap showexits throws this same error. Looks like these dont work right when my current room is not made, due to not being able to make the first room? clearly this can work based on your video so not sure yet.

kendric

Post by kendric »

Update, after restarting mudlet my area was gone. I recreated and now it seems to work ok...

kendric

Post by kendric »

I have been trying to map a few rooms for a bit now. Having lots of problems.
First problem i had was i wanted to start over but i couldn't get it do delete my room because i was in it. Couldn't figure out how to set myself to nowhere.

Then i tried restarting the process on a new area but now all i get after i move following a firstroom command is:Could not find us, try another room or use tmap searchMode

chris

Post by chris »

1) Do a fresh install as a module from https://github.com/Chris7/3k-Scripts
2) check out the wiki there
3) paste your commands, it sounds like you're not following the directions to set it up (type 'tmap' for a general help/look @ the video and do what is done there)
4) If things are still mucked up, try deleting the tmap.lua table save in your profiles to reset everything that may be due to variables being messed up.